Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much Power Can One Handle?

Zee007

So - having read through loads of posts, I know the Tezza engine is a lot more tuneable and powerful from the off.

My question is this - who is running what mods on their Tezza RS200? And what is your BHP?

Finally - what is the maximum on standard internals a Beams engine can take?

Cheers.... :zee:

suggest you talk to mr singh, he's gona be adding a blitz s/c..

Indeed - I look forward to his comments. However, the S/C is one option. Turbo is the other. What about Manifolds, Inductions, Zausts, flywheel etc.

I just want to get a bigger picture from all the owners out there...

Indeed - I look forward to his comments. However, the S/C is one option. Turbo is the other. What about Manifolds, Inductions, Zausts, flywheel etc.

Well, I got RSR 4-2-1 manifold as they usually use in Japan for Altezza although they are not popular in UK and still looking for cheap K&N Grupp-M filter combin with the air-flow system. Also with buddyclub specII exhaust as they are only 1/3 of the standard weight. That is just for the airflow system as I am trying to mod the car by keeping its NA engine.

Looking fwd to the s/c.

As far as your basic mods go, like induction kit (LOUD!!!!) and exhaust give lil more power, but nothing to brag about.

TODA do some engine mods, speak to Scott about those.

Clutch will handle upto 300bhp according to Scott, fuel pump will need changing upto 280bhp iirc

Brakes are rubbish stock, so uprated pads and lines well worth the investment.

If you want the ultimate tuning transformation. the HKS Turbo kit is just about the biggest power increase from a single conversion i know of for the Altezza - http://worldlingo.com/wl/translate?wl_lp=J...l&wl_g_table=-3

300bhp or 400bhp kit.

For a daily driver the above kits might be lil too full on! but in terms of power it would be insane!!

I should be able to report in the s/c conversion soon as the intercooler arrive :)

Well, I got RSR 4-2-1 manifold as they usually use in Japan for Altezza although they are not popular in UK and still looking for cheap K&N Grupp-M filter combin with the air-flow system. Also with buddyclub specII exhaust as they are only 1/3 of the standard weight. That is just for the airflow system as I am trying to mod the car by keeping its NA engine.

So - based on these mods - do you know what bhp/torque you're running?

Looking fwd to the s/c.

As far as your basic mods go, like induction kit (LOUD!!!!) and exhaust give lil more power, but nothing to brag about.

TODA do some engine mods, speak to Scott about those.

Clutch will handle upto 300bhp according to Scott, fuel pump will need changing upto 280bhp iirc

Brakes are rubbish stock, so uprated pads and lines well worth the investment.

If you want the ultimate tuning transformation. the HKS Turbo kit is just about the biggest power increase from a single conversion i know of for the Altezza - http://worldlingo.com/wl/translate?wl_lp=J...l&wl_g_table=-3

300bhp or 400bhp kit.

For a daily driver the above kits might be lil too full on! but in terms of power it would be insane!!

I should be able to report in the s/c conversion soon as the intercooler arrive :)

Superb! :D I have indeed read about the HKS turbos. What are you expecting in terms of output with the S/C?

Interesting about fuel lines and clutch limiting out around the 300bhp mark. Wonder how much the gearbox can handle?

When will yours be installed?

I asked Fensport as there the only one that have fitted one in the UK. They reckon i should expect around a 40-45bhp increase, and nearly 100ft/IB of torque increase :o now that part is scaring me a little :lol:

Fensports Tezza was pushing 280bhp after numerous mods, might be worth reading the review that i posted up few months back?

Soon as intercooler arrives... Then asap, depending with Mr Fargo is able to pop up and offer his services :D i haven't got a clue on fitting the bugger... japanease manual sucks too lol

I'm planing a TRD flywheel/clutch too, but we'll see how it holds up with the s/c.. its an exspensive game this :(

I asked Fensport as there the only one that have fitted one in the UK. They reckon i should expect around a 40-45bhp increase, and nearly 100ft/IB of torque increase :o now that part is scaring me a little :lol:

Fensports Tezza was pushing 280bhp after numerous mods, might be worth reading the review that i posted up few months back?

Soon as intercooler arrives... Then asap, depending with Mr Fargo is able to pop up and offer his services :D i haven't got a clue on fitting the bugger... japanease manual sucks too lol

I'm planing a TRD flywheel/clutch too, but we'll see how it holds up with the s/c.. its an exspensive game this :(

Yeah - I read that (thanks for posting it BTW). I understand they had Aquamist, Flywheel, Clutch, plugs etc all done. They must have been close to max output on standard internals then really.

Have you a performance manifold? Or do you not feel it would add values with the S/C?

hmmmm - TRD clutch and flywheel would be good and compliment your set-up I bet....

Thanks for all this info - it's appreciated.... :)

Will consider it.. really comes down to money. Fact is, its our demo car (Car Audio) and i've spent little bit more than i allocated for mods :(

We'll see what is required after s/c conversion. Cos i reckon i've spent enough lol

According to Fensports website.......the Blitz charger "This raise power to 255bhp and gives the car 220FT/LB torque"

which is I guess the 40-50 bhp increase however they did use aquamist........ and a fujitsubo header and muffler. Makes me wonder what produced what increase??

I think the supercharger does what is required from the 3sge engine............more low down torque!

Zee........ if you are looking at the EXTREME side of things for the 3SGE, then look no further than HKS D1 incarnation....... over 500bhp

Yeh, by the sounds of it the other mods got them upto 280bhp, so they gains 20-25bhp from the header muffler.

Speaking to fensport they say it just pulls strong through the revs from 2000rpm - 7000rpm, although at low speeds in town its tad too violent hence why they have throttle switch @ 70% for the s/c.

one thing that has to be remembered about the N/A 3s-ge is that it is a high compression engine, and for big increases in Boost some serious work is required.

The std crank is Not as strong as the GTE internals, a small point but the TRD internals are actually a lower std of the TTE steel internals, as used on the GT4 WRC cars, not saying the TRD stuff is crap, its still much stronger than the Std items, but if your looking at long engine life and bullet proof reliability, you Will need to look at the inside of the engine at some point

one thing that has to be remembered about the N/A 3s-ge is that it is a high compression engine, and for big increases in Boost some serious work is required.

The std crank is Not as strong as the GTE internals, a small point but the TRD internals are actually a lower std of the TTE steel internals, as used on the GT4 WRC cars, not saying the TRD stuff is crap, its still much stronger than the Std items, but if your looking at long engine life and bullet proof reliability, you Will need to look at the inside of the engine at some point

So what avenue would you suggest to compliment the high compression 3SGE engine?

NA?

Turbo?

Supercharger?

For a quick easy solution it seems that blitz is a good solution (until you want to run high boost levels)??