Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boost Gauge

Fever

Ok...bought an Apexi boost gauge the other day and gonna get down to fitting it this friday....could someone please advise which pipe i need to cut by the throttle body to fit the T section please (any piccies would be coolio)...also any tips for giving it power for the lights etc...oh and the best place to feed the pipe through from the engine bay to the cabin? :D (P.S. I'm fitting it down by the gearstick on top of the ash tray).

Thanks - Neil

Power from the anywhere behind the main console or any of the switches (you need illumination). Feed for the pipe from where the aircon comes into the car from the engine. It's the second lower pipe in the engine bay you need to cut of the two (as you look at the engine, on your right, down, near the throttle cable)

will take a photo of the connection points when i can, be prepared, two pairs of long nose pliers and a lot of patience req

Excellent...thank you Chris! :)

Well Friday just gone was to be my car day....and it most definately was!! Had a big list of things I wanted to complete, but here's what I managed to do between the hours of 10am and 6pm....

First on the list was cleaning the car....salt on the roads + rain = :sick::sick:

With that out the way I set on installing my boost gauge...i decided to go in thorough the rubber gromit behind the Battery. Took everything out that was in the way and got the tubing into the footwell, to do this I got a coat hanger, taped the tubing to it and fed it through the gromit. Next I turned to fitting the T section....Chris you were not joking about needing patience for this part....a lot of cursing and cut's on my hands later it was installed and secured in place. At this point I was well chuffed with myself....then I had a thought, what if it was the wrong pipe.... :crying::crybaby::crying: ....nah I was confident! :lol: I cleaned up the engine bay and put everything back together, did a test with the gauge in the passenger footwell....I had boost pressure!!! :D :D

Next I ran the left over pipe through the bottom of the centre console and installed the gauge behind the gearstick angled up towards me...tested again and I was cooking!!

Next job was to fit my braided brake hoses which have been in the garage for sometime now :blush::blush: ....well I have been busy you know!! This job killed the rest of the afternoon and me.....bleeding the brake system was probably the messiest job I have carried out on my car!! It also took a lot of effort to complete, but the results are fantastic!!

When all was finished and clean away I went out for a little spin and pressed the brake pedal, fairly hard around 30mph........ :o :duh: ...that would be the car stopped then!! :lol: ....really responsive and has firmed up the braking no end...if anybody is thinking about this mod I would highly recommend it!!

Now I need to convince Lindsay that another day of my leave is needed to work on the things I didn't manage to finish on Friday!!! :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links