Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Lex Is Gone.....

Parthiban

Mate, are you able to send me the vin details ... and engine number ... so I can update the stolen lex page !?

I hope these are the right ones, the chassis number is JTDBS192100088733 and the engine number is 6917559

Mate, are you able to send me the vin details ... and engine number ... so I can update the stolen lex page !?

I hope these are the right ones, the chassis number is JTDBS192100088733 and the engine number is 6917559

I can confirm now these are the right details, also there is one small distinguishing mark, the front passenger door, has a small split in the paintwork, halfway down, near the back edge of the door

Ok guys this is getting really bad.

Can we please ( the administrators of LOC ) or someone else in the business please look into a group buy for any approved tracker device. I certainly would be one who would buy one now. I also live in London, and this is getting silly.

For the cost of a few hundred pounds we could at least get a chance of getting the car back. Not to mention having a chance of catching these toe rags.

Who can help here ?

Too bad to hear that mate. :crybaby:

It seems to be a new kind of sports there eh?!? :tsktsk:

You should do something.... put a baseball bat in your car or always look around before you get to your car. :ph34r:

That would be the cheapest way.

Before chistmas 2003 we had 70-80 car break-ins in only 1 parking garage for 1 shopping center.

People let their TVs, DVDs or something in their cars and when they got back, everything was stolen.

This year..... nothing.... nevery heard anything, because we had securities now.

I told you this, to react quickly, find ideas and do something against those :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: ...... :whistling:

Feeling with you and hope that this doesn't happen to anybody else. :angry:

I can confirm now these are the right details, also there is one small distinguishing mark, the front passenger door, has a small split in the paintwork, halfway down, near the back edge of the door

Page has now been updated mate ...........

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...t=0#entry201377

Thanks ...... - do you have any pictures ?

Ok guys this is getting really bad.

Can we please ( the administrators of LOC ) or someone else in the business please look into a group buy for any approved tracker device. I certainly would be one who would buy one now. I also live in London, and this is getting silly.

For the cost of a few hundred pounds we could at least get a chance of getting the car back. Not to mention having a chance of catching these toe rags.

Who can help here ?

baby_lexus ........ I will talk to Stu (discount negotiator) - to get on the case.

I think we are a little undecided to either getting a Tacking device as such ....... or a Tacking device with a function to be able to 'ring' the car ... and getting it cut off (shut down)

Will update ..........

Too bad to hear that mate.  :crybaby:

It seems to be a new kind of sports there eh?!?  :tsktsk:

You should do something.... put a baseball bat in your car or always look around before you get to your car.  :ph34r:

That would be the cheapest way.

Before chistmas 2003 we had 70-80 car break-ins in only 1 parking garage for 1 shopping center.

People let their TVs, DVDs or something in their cars and when they got back, everything was stolen.

This year..... nothing.... nevery heard anything, because we had securities now.

I told you this, to react quickly, find ideas and do something against those  :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:  :tsktsk: ......  :whistling:

Feeling with you and hope that this doesn't happen to anybody else.  :angry:

Yeah I know what you mean, I already got planned that next car will have a tracker, and also looking into these anti-carjacking shutdown devices. Also getting quotes on CCTV for the house, major security lighting, and maybe some kind of obstruction to enter the drive (drive not really big enough for gates but we'll see)

It would be silly to sit back and think it won't happen again because the state of this country suggests it will :angry:

Page has now been updated mate ...........

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...t=0#entry201377

Thanks ...... - do you have any pictures ?

Thanks mate, sorry don't really have any pics. Need to search, might have one where the car is in the background. I've got one from the morning the car got nicked, but its from above and only took it cos I had a new camera phone, and it had snowed that morning, so its only really the roof of the car covered in snow ;)

We fitted cctv a few years back on the house, not that we had any problems but at the time we did have a fair few £'s worth of cars on the drive and in the garage, it was fantastic when we were selling vehicles as it had sound on it as well!!

Any how flicked over the tv to have a look at what was going on and it was not working, after a bit of investigation we found the some b****rd had nicked the camera, unless you knew it was there you could not see it.

I would recommend that if you are going to do a DIY home job do it whilst you are painting or something that way people who drive past or walk past won't know what you are really doing.

We fitted cctv a few years back on the house, not that we had any problems but at the time we did have a fair few £'s worth of cars on the drive and in the garage, it was fantastic when we were selling vehicles as it had sound on it as well!!

Any how flicked over the tv to have a look at what was going on and it was not working, after a bit of investigation we found the some b****rd had nicked the camera, unless you knew it was there you could not see it.

I would recommend that if you are going to do a DIY home job do it whilst you are painting or something that way people who drive past or walk past won't know what you are really doing.

Hmmmm, thats put an interesting angle on things. My idea was to put really obvious proper cameras on the front of the house to deter any of these b :tsktsk: rds from coming near the place, now I gotta figure out how to stop them from getting stolen (as well as the cars). Is there anything that won't get stolen nowadays? :angry:

A real cheap way would be.... to cut off the ignition wire and put a switch there.

You can let it turned on always, but when you go shopping where it could be dangerous.... turn it off and that m :tsktsk: r_f :tsktsk: r can't start your car's engine.

Hide the switch somewhere, where it would take some time to find, when he doesn't know.

It would give you enough time to kick his a**. B)

Only an idea I would do.

In my opinion I could turn the airflow signal off with a screw driver on my fuel cut defender...... and the engine would stall immediately.... that moron who tries to steal my car, wouldn't even be able to drive 3 meters.... :D

I could stand next to the car and ask the car-jacker: "And?? Got it?? *har-har*!!"

B)

i always remember buying a crash damaged golf and finding after fixing it that it would not start ,we tried everything to get this bugger started only to find after about 2 hours later that the owner had put in a dummy rear window heater switch and wired it up to bypass the coil if switched on.thought it was an exellent way of fitting a cheap imoberliser ,had us stumped.If you do decide to carry a baseball bat make sure you have the ball to go with it as the old bill can say nowt if you do

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links