Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Lex Is Gone.....

Parthiban

As you may have gathered from the title, the IS got nicked last night by some total f :tsktsk: ers. My mum got carjacked in the driveway outside our house in a nice, quiet, suburban neighbourhood in North London. Three black a :tsktsk: holes ran up as she pulled up and took the car off her. Thank G*d she wasn't harmed in any way, all I heard was the doorbell ring manically for a few seconds and I ran downstairs to see the car screeching off down the street (will prob be the last time I see it I'm sure).

I've read about this all to often nowadays, its getting totally ridiculous, when the police came, they really don't seem as tho they can do anything about it (I'm not having a go at them, I think they're doing a great job considering what they've got to work with)

Anyway, in case its been taken elsewhere in the country, its a blue IS200, reg PA02NAG so please call the police if you see it, but I'm sure it must be long gone

I know all that hindsight rubbish but don't think I'll ever buy a car without a tracker again and I recommend anyone who can afford one to get one installed(cos its not unlikely this will happen again)

This is getting stupid - guess if they never find the cars / catch them at it then the problem is just going to get worse :ph34r:

Once again glad to hear no-one was harmed (ScarFace was lucky it seems considering how he clung on).

Is there any way of publishing the recent losses to other forums - along with VIN details - there must be a simple way of getting countrywide coverage quickly to try and prevent them profiting ...

Sorry for your loss, seems this is becoming pretty common, glad no one was hurt.

Maybe you (we) could open a new forum on here with stolen lexis vin numbers etc link it with other sites TOC for instance..... The trouble is i know round here in here in herts area there is lots and lots of industrial sites with very cheap and no doubt cash driven units available which are great for scumbags that do this kind of thing to operate from.

This really makes me worry about letting my girlfriend use the car as she would be a pretty easy target........ I think though i would be an easy target too.

Nick

Thanks for all the replies, yeah its lucky no one was hurt cos at the end of the day the car can easily be replaced, its just annoying these ba :tsktsk: rds get away with it over and over

However, if it is Lexus thats being targeted, I'm not sure I could buy another, sad to say it but it just aint worth it

They look on women as easy prey. (Glad she is okay)

These cars must be stolen to order? If that is so then they must be for parts.

Second hand Lexus parts are very thin on the gound So when they are up for sale these are the people to check out. But most resaleable parts are not numbered wings/panels/lights/interior/gearbox etc I would imagine there is a lot of money in a broken Lex. The other thing you hear a lot of is that they go into containers and then shipped all over the place!!

This is getting ridiculous ..............

I'm sorry this has happend to u ... I'm feeling you big time ... as this happened to me on Monday !!!!!!

I'm going to open up a Stolen Lexus thread now ............. :angry::angry:

This is getting ridiculous ..............

I'm sorry this has happend to u ... I'm feeling you big time ... as this happened to me on Monday !!!!!!

I'm going to open up a Stolen Lexus thread now .............  :angry:  :angry:

Yeah sorry to hear bout yours too, thats even more ridiculous, broad daylight, busy car park, they obviously think they can get away with anything (and rightly so it seems)

Seems we could start a whole stolen lexus forum soon..... :angry:

sorry to hear that mate,bet your mam was scared stiff,and i would imagine what you would like to do to the scum that done this,hanging wouldnt be enough.

She was a bit shaken up yesterday, but is better now. Yeah I'd really like to meet those guys, maybe with a baseball bat :angry:

This is getting stupid - guess if they never find the cars / catch them at it then the problem is just going to get worse  :ph34r:

Once again glad to hear no-one was harmed (ScarFace was lucky it seems considering how he clung on).

Is there any way of publishing the recent losses to other forums - along with VIN details - there must be a simple way of getting countrywide coverage quickly to try and prevent them profiting ...

I have just opened a LOS LEXUS FORUM:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=19569&hl=

But please don't post anything else on there ... other than what it says in the intro.

Thanks ........

This is shocking!! I often drive around in my alone and it makes me think twice about where I pull up, but for it to happen outside my own house would make my stomach turn.

F :tsktsk: g B :tsktsk: s!!

Feel for you mate, give you're mum our regards from LOC.

This is shocking!! I often drive around in my alone and it makes me think twice about where I pull up, but for it to happen outside my own house would make my stomach turn.

F :tsktsk: g B :tsktsk: s!!

Feel for you mate, give you're mum our regards from LOC.

Yeah that's what makes it really frightening, its quite a good area too. Makes you wonder whether its best to pull up, then jump out the car and run into the house as quick as poss, commando style :ph34r:

Still keep looking out at the blank spot on the drive :crybaby: