Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dont You Just Hate It When.....

Fidgits

:crybaby::crybaby:

Well, i tried to 'neaten up' my PDA install, by powering from a hidden power source, rather than the ciggie lighter!

Well, all went well, except for the fact, the blade connector i used, did not manage to pierce the shielding of the ground wire... (and was impossible to tell)

So guess what, plug in, switch on, doesnt work...

After a little investigation, turns out I have blown my PDA holder, which will cost £50 to replace :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

well, i have sent an email to TomTom, and am in the process of dismaneling it to see if its fused..

Whats most frustrating is, i never had any problems before, i'd re-wire a car happily - its just the IS, im more caucuis, and seem to make mistakes!

well, i've taken it apart (and managed to lose a screw...) and there is a component that could be a fuse.. and it is F1..

But, i dont recognise the type - is like a resistor (in shape), and is silver a either end, with the centre being white..

So any help would be appreciated...

here is the PDA internals, sorry the pic is blurred, i think the circled component is the fuse, can anyone shed some light on this?

OKay, the attach feature doesnt seem to be working..

here it is

pda.jpg

Edited by Fidgits

that is a fuse

if you still had a multimeter you could have tested it see if it had blown!

some electronics use a polyfuse they blow and then some time later they reset, ready to protect again

that is a fuse

some electronics use a polyfuse they blow and then some time later they reset, ready to protect again

well, considering this is back to life, it seems it could be a polyfuse thingy...

Next time i try, im going back to good old ChocBlocks I think!

that is a fuse

well, im not sure, but it isnt coming back to life now - think its well and truely dead..