Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trading In Man. For Auto

cheeky

Guys,

Interested to hear if any of you have done anything similar:

I have an '04 manual IS200 SE 10k on clock with DVD Nav which I love. I got this brand new last March. However, I am moving to a location where an auto (IS200 SE Nav if poss) would be preferable due to driving style etc. and location. Also I had an auto as a courtesy car the other week and liked the cruise and the armrest.

My main question is this...

My current car is on PCP and I am approaching the end of year one. What is the likelyhood of me getting a decent deal on a used (similar age) IS200 auto without incurring any financial penalties associated with returning a car early? I would obviously really like to hand back the manual car and keep a similar PCP contract for a further 2 years. Will obviously check the dealer out about this but I'd be really interested to hear if anyone has done a similar swap.

Cheers. :D

Guys,

Interested to hear if any of you have done anything similar:

I have an '04 manual IS200 SE 10k on clock with DVD Nav which I love. I got this brand new last March. However, I am moving to a location where an auto (IS200 SE Nav if poss) would be preferable due to driving style etc. and location.  Also I had an auto as a courtesy car the other week and liked the  cruise and the armrest.

My main question is this...

My current car is on PCP and I am approaching the end of year one. What is the likelyhood of me getting a decent deal on a used (similar age) IS200 auto without incurring any financial penalties associated with returning a car early? I would obviously really like to hand back the manual car and keep a similar PCP contract for a further 2 years. Will obviously check the dealer out about this but I'd be really interested to hear if anyone has done a similar swap.

Cheers.  :D

I believe you have to either be half way through the contract or have paid off half of the value of the debt before you can walk away.

I have only had my auto for 6 days but I certainly wouldn't go back to a manual. The fast twisty A-B roads where the 6 speed box excels are now peppered with 40 and 50 MPH limits with Police hiding in bushes and Gatsos round every corner.

I upgraded and got out of my first PCP after fifteen months. Worked out CHEAPER as the rates had changed. The dealer done everything though, so I'm not sure what was involved. All I asked for was the monthly figures and I didn't want to have to pay anything.

The only thing was that they went through the car like a fine toothed comb looking for faults. Worked out ok though.

Wouldn't go back to manual myself.

Yes I agree - if possible go for the 300.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links