Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Find Me A New Mobile!

davepruce

Ive just been asked to choose myself a new company mobile as we are moving to a new supplier!!

Now, I'm sure some of you chaps will have an idea or three which is currently the 'best' phone to get for all sorts of reasons, so go for it - tell me - I need to know what to get .

My sons advised Samsung D500 or Panasonic X500.

All I actually want to do with it is (strangely enough) make phone calls, but hey, tell me what I should get for whatever reason, only proviso, it must have Bluetooth, and I dont really like clamshell.

Cheers

Dave

My advice to you,

Avoid Panasonic as the Battery life is poor. As for the Samsung, D500 good phone, but can be expensive and if you don't like mechanical phones, its probably not for you. Also not that easy to get stock of at the moment.

Just out of interest, who will be the New service provider? Perhaps I could assist...... :D

Well Kazdul...... We're just getting out of a contract with a company thats given us all sorts of grief (think of the bible - first book!!) , and really not chosen anyone else yet.

Its only a contract for 5/6 phones at a good rate thats required. We've been told that despite adverts, we'll get the best deal with a straight contract - no freebies, no gimmicks.

Unless you know different!!!

Dave

Ive just got a Samsung D500

in fact this is my 3rd different samsung phone in 3 years, so maybe im a little bias, but I think the D500 is a cracking phone, does everything you would expect a phone to do, and has a nice camera , nice amount of memory and nice loud ringer, with speaker phone, blue tooth decent Battery life.

and its not SILVER!!

so tired of silver phones

it matches my Sony psp :)

piano black

Ive just got a Samsung D500

in fact this is my 3rd different samsung phone in 3 years, so maybe im a little bias, but I think the D500 is a cracking phone, does everything you would expect a phone to do, and has a nice camera , nice amount of memory and nice loud ringer, with speaker phone, blue tooth decent battery life.

and its not SILVER!!

so tired of silver phones

it matches my Sony psp :)

piano black

cool

just waiting for mine to arrive :D

Well Kazdul...... We're just getting out of a contract with a company thats given us all sorts of grief (think of the bible - first book!!) , and really not chosen anyone else yet.

Its only a contract for 5/6 phones at a good rate thats required. We've been told that despite adverts, we'll get the best deal with a straight contract - no freebies, no gimmicks.

Unless you know different!!!

Dave

I'm happy to assist!! Are these 5/6 phones on like a talk share plan? I.e do you get a lump bundle of minutes to share between each handset or do you have a set amount of minutes for each handset?

P.S Hope that company in not Orange!! lol :blush:

As other memebers have mentioned, the K700i is a good handset, spec wise, the D500 is slightly higher. Larger built in memory, better camera (1.3 mega p) and in my opinion - better looking.

Give Orange a try, I could offer you free insurance on all handsets, upto 25% discount on line rental for 6 months and free answer machine retreival. Free itemised billing and a dedicated business free call customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. :P

P.S Hope that company in not Orange!! lol :blush:

As other memebers have mentioned, the K700i is a good handset, spec wise, the D500 is slightly higher. Larger built in memory, better camera (1.3 mega p) and in my opinion - better looking.

Give Orange a try, I could offer you free insurance on all handsets, upto 25% discount on line rental for 6 months and free answer machine retreival. Free itemised billing and a dedicated business free call customer service  24 hours a day, 7 days a week. :P

Kazdul, wasn't it an apple in the garden of Eden as mentioned in Genesis not an Orange! :winky:

I'm a phone dealer as well, I'm not a big fan of the K700i and neither is O2 as they've just pulled it from their network! To be fair its almost certainly the O2 network that's causing the K700i problems rather than the other way round.

The Samsung D500 is of course the most popular non-3G phone by far right now but sadly that also means almost everyone is out of stock. We've got a pretty big order arriving Monday but we've got at least 4 times as many orders as we're getting stock.

The most recent Samsung D500s on Orange would also keep Brettster happy as Orange ran out of the silver ones and has been supplying ultra cool black ones just lately.

For value for money tariffs you'd be hard pushed to beat 3's Talk&Text tariffs with some amazing phones for free but there's not many who would actively recommend 3 for business use just yet. (That includes us and we're one of 3's biggest dealers - once 3 start offering proper data access and fix a few other things though they could easily start stealing business customers from the other networks.)

Another really good all round phone to look at is the Nokia 6230. With camera, Bluetooth, MP3 and an FM radio, there's not much more you could ask for and I'm sure Kazdul or other business dealers could do some really good deals on this phone right now.

My sons advised Samsung D500 or Panasonic X500.

All I actually want to do with it is (strangely enough) make phone calls, but hey, tell me what I should get for whatever reason, only proviso, it must have bluetooth, and I dont really like clamshell.

Just realised I didn't actually read your original post properly! :D

Sounds like your company has already decided on the contract side of things and you just need to choose the handset.

Both the Samsung D500 and Nokia 6230 are very good phones and I doubt you'd be disappointed with either. Depending on which Network you're going with, your supplier may have trouble sourcing the D500 right now or for the forseeable future.

Both have Bluetooth, MP3 and digital camera. If you like radio then the added bonus of an FM radio makes the Nokia the winner but to counter that Samsung's camera is a much better quality one and will take photos as good as many proper digital cameras.

Hope this helps,