Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The ECT Power slightly increases the changing speed at which the gearbox changes from gear to gear, also stops the auto fuel pump rest, also removes the gearbox limiter from 120 to 160 ++.

Hope this Helps

BR

Paul

The ECT Power slightly increases the changing speed at which the gearbox changes from gear to gear, also stops the auto fuel pump rest, also removes the gearbox limiter from 120 to 160 ++.

Hope this Helps

BR

Paul

Is that 120 MPH up to 160 MPH? I never knew that if thats the case, I always thought it only changed the gear timing a little bit, i.e held the gears longer and changed down quicker when applying the loud pedal, does that mean that without it switched to power it'll only run up to 120mph, and with it on it'll go over?

For best fuel economy would you recomend OD ON and the power switch to OFF ?.

just filled the car up and so far got 70 miles to 1/4 of a tank, comparing between mk3 supra and a lex.

Steve

For best fuel economy would you recomend OD ON and the power switch to OFF ?.

just filled the car up and so far got 70 miles to 1/4 of a tank, comparing between mk3 supra and a lex.

I seem to get better economy with powermode on than off.

I run mine round town with overdrive off and power mode on.

I was going to run the car for a week with overdrive on to see how that would affect economy.

I heard you should only really use overdrive when doing prolonged speeds of 40mph and upwards. I'm not sure how true this is though or the reasons for it.

Whats overdrive?

the manual for mine says that if you want to use overdrive then put the shifter into D if not then put it in 4, isnt Od just the 5th gear? and wouldnt using 5th gear give better fuel consumption?

Hope this Helps

BR

Paul

Is that 120 MPH up to 160 MPH? I never knew that if thats the case, I always thought it only changed the gear timing a little bit, i.e held the gears longer and changed down quicker when applying the loud pedal, does that mean that without it switched to power it'll only run up to 120mph, and with it on it'll go over?

With the power button in ECT Mode, the gearbox will only allow max 120, if in Power Mode, after approx 2 mins driving, the gearbox will have the limit removed and the max speed of the engine is allowed.

You can get better MPG around town if you leave the Power Mode on due to the fuel auto-rest, the engine revs will not drop and increase all the time when you lift your foot off the acc.. pedal, but if you are cruising - motorway use, your better off leaving the Power Mode OFF.

With the OD Button, you are advised to use over 60 MPH due to the extra use of the clutch when in use, if you use under 60, your most likey still accerating and can cause more wear on the clutch. The idea of the OD is to aid in overtaking without the use of the kick-down feature in the auto-box. The OD keeps the G/Box in the same gear much longer than would normally be. Also changes down a gear more smoothly than kick-down without having to accerate.

Hope this helps

BR

Paul

Hope this Helps

BR

Paul

That is probably a JDM thing, not on the UK vehicles.

Hope this Helps

BR

Paul

That is probably a JDM thing, not on the UK vehicles.

Not sure what JDM is but on the Import Aristo's this is the case. Thought this was the case on the UK Models - sorry if I've confused anyone.