Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning Lights

blueblitzer

I put my IS200 in for a service on Monday. They also fitted a new ball joint and shaft, and also replaced the front disks as they were lipped. I drove the car home feeling I had some peace of mind.

Didnt use the car again until the Weds.

Started the car up on Weds morning only to see warning lights come on and stay on. Handbrake, oil, light out, ABS flashing. Also the rev counter and MPG dials were dead.

I took it to Lexus today and they are saying that they cant find the fault and will be charging me for investigating and also any fix costs.

Needless to say I was shocked as nothing like this has happened before on the car and I had just spent £1000 with them, and its no coincidence to me that after thet have been working on it this has happened.

Any ideas what the cause could be? Is it correct that they are billing me?

Im going to see what the come back with tomorrow as they still have the car, if its bad news im going to write to Lexus HQ about it.

Cheers

Lexus still cant find any issues, he ECU logs arent showing anything. They want to try and replace the ECU.

Supercharge, thanks for your help. How would the windscreen have caused this to happen?

Any help is much appeciated.

If the screen isn't watertight, odd things may happen when the water gets in behind the dash.

Its 700 quid.....the manager said he would speak to Lexus GB about getting a discount as the car has done 43,000 and has full ser history.....hope not too cos im skint this month!!!

I've got a second hand one :whistling:

your for £500 :sick:

Joke £150.........if it helps :winky:

Hi Guys,

Lexus fitted a new ECU and the problem cleared. They checked the windscreen for leaks and electrics for water and could find nothing! Im still convinced the windscreen caused this as it was replaced last tuesday afternoon and by the evening the lights were on. Sadly dont see any way how i can prove it! Any ideas?

James at Lexus - Woodford was very good. It should have been £980 all in, but he called Lexus GB and they agreed to do it with 50% discount. It wasnt good having to spend more money but that helped alot.

I still have to programe the 2nd key, they said to put it in the ignition, turn until the lights come on, switch off then open and close the door. Is this the correct method?

Didnt do it yet as needed the car for work and didnt want to be stuck if i done it wrong.

Cheers