Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Security

Well it has a CAT2 alarm and immobliser, some people have trackers installed to reduce insurance and some have Cliffords installed because they are 'trick' - I really don't see a IS as a massive target unlike a BMW, but depends where its parked in the day and at night I suppose?

hi all,

i too am new to the lexus world. Just wondering if all Lexuses come with security system? I'm getting an SE......I told the insurance company it didn't have any security / immobiliser so if it does I could probably save some money right?

thanks,

Asif

Guys

my insurance is up in 2 weeks so I’m phoning around the best so is the Halifax they have said it’s a standard alarm\immobiliser and if it’s a cat 1 it will be cheaper surely the companies know what alarms are on the cars ! And they also said if it’s cat 1 they need a certificate. Did I just get someone dopey on the phone or are they trying to shaft me (how can u have a ticket for a factory install?)

is it defo a cat 1

Cheers :)

Industry News: Lexus IS200 wins security survey

02 Aug 99 00:00

Lexus, the luxury car offshoot marque of Toyota, currently have three reasons to celebrate. Firstly, it's their tenth anniversary, and secondly, they are the best-selling luxury car manufacturer in the United States.

The third reason for Lexus to be cheerful is the results of the What Car? magazine security test; the IS200 was judged to be the most secure car on sale in the UK. It gained a perfect 100% score in the tests, resisting forced entry by professional locksmiths, and remained immovable within the set test period. The IS200 was also commended for its level of sophisticated security equipment, including double door locking, visible Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), marked parts, locking wheel nuts and etched windows.

Industry News: Lexus IS200 wins security survey

02 Aug 99 00:00

Lexus, the luxury car offshoot marque of Toyota, currently have three reasons to celebrate. Firstly, it's their tenth anniversary, and secondly, they are the best-selling luxury car manufacturer in the United States.

The third reason for Lexus to be cheerful is the results of the What Car? magazine security test; the IS200 was judged to be the most secure car on sale in the UK. It gained a perfect 100% score in the tests, resisting forced entry by professional locksmiths, and remained immovable within the set test period. The IS200 was also commended for its level of sophisticated security equipment, including double door locking, visible Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), marked parts, locking wheel nuts and etched windows.

I feel a lot happier now :D :D