Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

98 Ls400 Sat Nav - Ireland

First post - hopefully one of you Lexus guru's out there can help me...

I'm living in Dublin, Ireland and just bought a 98 LS 400, which was brought in from the UK by the (non-Lexus) Dealer.

Sat Nav works fine in the UK, but naturally I assumed that all I needed for Ireland was the Ireland CD from lexus (600 Euro!)

However, I'm now told that the CD version covering Ireland only works on cars from model year 2000+ ??? (Doesn't sound right).

Current version of the CD is UK 2.1 (which looks like it was never upgraded from the time it was first bought).

Does anyone know of any valid reason why Lexus Ireland are telling me that it is not just a matter of putting the latest Irish CD into the Sat Nav unit?

(Sat Nav apart, this is without doubt, the most brilliant car to drive !)

Hope someone can help....

Sat Nav works fine in the UK, but naturally I assumed that all I needed for Ireland was the Ireland CD from lexus (600 Euro!)

how much? :crying::crying:

thats over £400 - more expensive than the DVD versions :crying:

if it turns out you can get a version - get a part number, join our gold scheme and contact Chris Shipley on these boards - you'll save a small fortune B)

2000+

I wonder if they mean late 2000+ which is the LS430 and the DVD system. Certainly some countries were never supported on the CD based system.

If a CD does exist for Ireland then I would try and test one - it will probably work.

Thanks for the advice...

It's quite likely that the Irish version probably only came out on DVD with the intro of the 430 (which obviously wouldn't work on the CD based system I have).

I'm into "saving a small fortune" and thank *** for this Lexus club which seems to be so well clued in!!! ;)

If, as I suspect, I need to change the head unit to a DVD based system - what sort of cost am I looking at? (Gold scheme is a definite! I love this car!).

Thanks Colin - I'm beginning to realise that what Lexus Ireland referred to as the "Ireland CD" is actually a DVD.

I need to find out from Lexus here if Ireland is, as you say, probably only DVD based and was never in fact covered by a CD release.

(I wouldn't mind if it was a big country...with the size of it, it would probably fit on a postage stamp version.)

If, as I suspect, I need to change the head unit to a DVD based system - what sort of cost am I looking at?  (Gold scheme is a definite! I love this car!).

You don't want to do that. At least £2000 + wiring changes and your existing screen may not display correctly as DVD systems use a widescreen display.

• 1 year later...

Hi. I've just bought a '98 LS400 as well! Last Thursday in fact. I'm based in the UK but I am in Dublin this week. The car's music system is something else.

I have the same problem. The UK system is well worth anything but it's hardly worth it to get a Sat/Nav for Ireland. I'll keep an eye on this forum in case you come up with a solution. :)

How many miles on your car? What did u pay for it, if that's not a rude question.