Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seatbelt Not On Beep Beep Beep (info)

I just discovered how to disable the annoying seatbelt not on "beep beep beep BEEP BEEP BEEP". I thought I could share the info with you guys.

1) Turn the Power ON

2) Set trip meter to "ODO"

3) (you may need to Power OFF at this point)

4) Turn the Power ON

5) Hold down the ODO/Trip button for 10 seconds

6) While keeping the ODO/Trip button down, put the driver seatbelt on.

7) You will see b_on / b_off choice in the ODO meter, make your choice with the ODO/Trip button

It works in RX300 (I've done it) and Toyota Avensis.

:blush:

I just discovered how to disable the annoying seatbelt not on "beep beep beep BEEP BEEP BEEP". I thought I could share the info with you guys.

1) Turn the Power ON

4) Turn the Power ON

7) You will see b_on / b_off choice in the ODO meter, make your choice with the ODO/Trip button

:shutit: Why dont you just put the belt on!!

Thanks! Where we live sometimes I have to move the car slightly so we can get our two young girls into the back of the car. Even if you get out of the car with the engine running the noise kept going and drove me mad, especially when our 4 year old would always say "daddy why is the Lexus making that awful noise" :crybaby:

br

D

without wanting to sound harsh,

ive been to many accidents where people have been catapulted through the windcreen, kids, dads, mums you name it they have all been through one and all because they didnt wear a seatbelt.

I personally think any device which annoys you so much that you are forced to put your seatbelt on cant be a bad thing can it.

lets face it you wouldnt buy a car that has no airbags, abs ets nowadays would you

and yet you would drive around without the single most important piece of safety equipment available !!

Madness imho :ohmy:

without wanting to sound harsh,

ive been to many accidents where people have been catapulted through the windcreen, kids, dads, mums you name it they have all been through one and all because they didnt wear a seatbelt.

I personally think any device which annoys you so much that you are forced to put your seatbelt on cant be a bad thing can it.

lets face it you wouldnt buy a car that has no airbags, abs ets nowadays would you

and yet you would drive around without the single most important piece of safety equipment available !!

Madness imho  :ohmy:

I totally understand and respect it's reasons for being there. However, personally I've never had the need to remind myself to wear a seatbelt and I wouldn't dream of driving anywhere without our children properley restrained. It's the first thing we do before setting off.

br

D

I agree.

I always wear my belt, however if I need to move the car only small distances which sometimes I do, the beep becomes more than just an anoyance, I find it quite offensive.

I'm glad it can be silenced and I will probably silence it now.

I've never had to put up with noise like this in the past in order to make me wear a belt, and I don't intend to start now.

Thanks for the info

Regards all

RxMike

Ps do the seat belt warning lights still flash once you do this fix or are they switched off as well? I don't mind those keep flashing.

:blush: :shutit: Why dont you just put the belt on!!

I sometimes move the car a little in the parking lot or so, I don't need to wear the belt when doing it and I don't need the annoying beep to remind me about it.

I still remember to belt on when I am driving without the BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Well, I though I just share the info since some people obviously don't like the beeping too much.

Thanks SuperChargedL this trick works on my 2004 RAV4 and no doubt on 2005 RAV4's as well. And both drivers and passengers seat belts warning lights still flash until you put your seat belts on, which I always wear except when washing my car and when moving my RAV4 out and in the garage at 5mph.

• 11 months later...
it makes you wonder what else you can do to these modern cars

like disabling the reversing beep on the is200 now that is annoying.

Don't know how to DIY it, but my local dealer in Aberdeen did this for me a few years back. So it can be done. Fuse removal maybe???

IanB :D

Just realised this is a old post...!!

If you work out the opposite frequency to the beep and hum it ,it should cause an opposite possitive counter reaction that will banish the beep(so long as you keep humming) Trev.

only problem is that if your humming occurs at the right microsecond and IN phase to the sound wave, you'd only amplify the beep rather than attenuate it ;)

L.

I would like the choice of whether I wear a seat belt or not. My life was saved a few years ago by not wearing a seat belt. It was a side impact and I was thrown out of the front door, however with seat belt on my neck would have snapped and my ribs would have been caved in, puncturing *** knows what.

I hate this nanny state and government of ours. With the current lot demanding we work until we drop you think they'd be glad if a few killed themselves off before becoming a drain on their lavish lifestyles. The USSR never went, it just moved to the EU

I would like the choice of whether I wear a seat belt or not. My life was saved a few years ago by not wearing a seat belt. It was a side impact and I was thrown out of the front door, however with seat belt on my neck would have snapped and my ribs would have been caved in, puncturing *** knows what.

I hate this nanny state and government of ours. With the current lot demanding we work until we drop you think they'd be glad if a few killed themselves off before becoming a drain on their lavish lifestyles. The USSR never went, it just moved to the EU

So they should get you to sign a disclaimer so that if you have a frontal impact and fly through the windscreen they should just leave you there...... ???bit extreeme but these things (air bags) are put there for a reason... in more cases than not they will save your life.

I was in a smash years ago, I was in back of car when it hit another stationery car at about 50mph...if not for wearing a seatbelty in back who know what would have happened..all 4 of us in car were wearing seatbelts and all 4 walked out, without them who know...

Still think anyone that does not wear their seatbelt need their heads examined...

Glad this has been posted - as I often have to move the car 1-2metres to get the back door open for putting the kids in the back (due to trees on our street) - as for driving without a seat belt no.

Thanks for posting even though some people have got upset :o

1) Turn the Power ON

4) Turn the Power ON

Finally, a tip that works on european models... Thanks again SuperChargedL !

Does anybody know how to bypass these c :tsktsk: gps navigation and Bluetooth system limitations?

us tips don't seem to work :angry:

Try this code :- i know it works.

It works everytime !

a)

Position yourself comfortably in the drivers seat.

B)

Lift drivers arm rest to vertical.

c)

Lift passenger armrest to vertical

d)

Reach over to passenger seatbelt

e)

Insert passenger seatbelt in drivers belt recepticle.

f)

Switch on engine and drive away

NO BEEP ?

Works every time when I drive round building sites

However would suggest not to use when on the road.

Let me know if it dosn't or complain to Lexus

• 3 weeks later...
Try this code :- i know it works.

It works everytime !

a)

Position yourself comfortably in the drivers seat.

B)

Lift drivers arm rest to vertical.

c)

Lift passenger armrest to vertical

d)

Reach over to passenger seatbelt

e)

Insert passenger seatbelt in drivers belt recepticle.

f)

Switch on engine and drive away

NO BEEP ?

Works every time when I drive round building sites

However would suggest not to use when on the road.

Let me know if it dosn't or complain to Lexus

-

1) Turn the Power ON

4) Turn the Power ON

Finally, a tip that works on european models... Thanks again SuperChargedL !

Does anybody know how to bypass these c :tsktsk: gps navigation and Bluetooth system limitations?

us tips don't seem to work :angry:

Not an answer to your direct question but should you want even more access to hidden stuff but proceed at your own peril:

Hold the info button in and whilst doing so turn the lights from off to on (not auto) and back to off 4 times until a menu appears. Do it again from the same menu and another set of options appears.

br

D