Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Got My RX300 Se

:driving: I just got picked up my new RX300 SE + NAV. Many thanks to those who helped me decide on the model. I did not got for SEL at the end as I could not justify the extra cost especially with the latest upgrade spec of the SE.

I went for the Platinum Ice / Sussex combination. Was strongly considering Astral Black but did not go for it at the end as it would incur too much maintainance for keeping it clean especially with UK weather conditions.

I am looking to buy some extra parts and was wondering if anyone could help me in choosing these:

1/ The floor mats which come with Sussex are light colored and get dirty very quickly. I am looking to replace them with some rubber mats. Can anyone suggest a good place to get these from? Are there any online shops around?

2/ Child seats. Lexus dealer mentioned that I should consider the Lexus ISO seats. Are these recommended? Should these be purchased directly from the Lexus dealers? (I am looking for seat up to 3 years)

Thanks,

Sami

Had the same problem and purchased the Black Lexus mats which cost about the same price as a decent meal at the Savoy including bubbly!

Have a look at a guy on eBay his vendor name is "wickedkitmatco". I wish I had found out about him earlier. Here's a quote from his add.....

""

RX 300 set of four tailored car mats, black, with grey piping ,Brand new Tailored mats made in the UK, excellent quality mats that will fit your car perfectly, you wont be dissapointed and  your Lexus will love them , I think these are the best quality and best fitting mats available on e bay, may be not the cheapest , ideal as a spruce up for your car or as a gift, 100% money back if not as described.

""

From memory they went for about £30 which is not bad value and means you can still buy a small house in Norwich with the saving!

Had the same problem and purchased the Black Lexus mats which cost about the same price as a decent meal at the Savoy including bubbly!

Have a look at a guy on eBay his vendor name is "wickedkitmatco".  I wish I had found out about him earlier.  Here's a quote from his add.....

""

RX 300 set of four tailored car mats, black, with grey piping ,Brand new Tailored mats made in the UK, excellent quality mats that will fit your car perfectly, you wont be dissapointed and  your Lexus will love them , I think these are the best quality and best fitting mats available on e bay, may be not the cheapest , ideal as a spruce up for your car or as a gift, 100% money back if not as described.

""

From memory they went for about £30 which is not bad value and means you can still buy a small house in Norwich with the saving!

When did you last try and buy a house in Norwich? :winky:

:mat: Sami,

Check out the web site www.glogalautosupplygroup.com in the US. They are advertising on e-bay (3/2/05) for sets of mats for front, back and load bay. The front and back are $49.99 per set. They come in Black Ggrey and Tan.

The following is the blurb off the e-bay add.

(Tough and durable protection for your pickup, sport utility vehicle and van

*Replaces original floor mats for a custom-molded and exact fit

*Molded-in tread pattern grips cargo to minimize load shift

*Patented rubberized material is resistant to water, mud, snow, and most chemicals including gasoline, oil and Battery acid

*Warranty guaranteed not to crack or break)

Best of luck.

Joha 101

:mat: Sami,

Check out the web site www.glogalautosupplygroup.com in the US. They are advertising on e-bay (3/2/05) for sets of mats for front, back and load bay. The front and back are $49.99 per set. They come in Black Ggrey and Tan.

Joha, thanks for the tip. This is exactly what I am looking for. It's also great to see that they have them in different colors and not only in black. Here is the URL:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=63690

I have a couple of questions:

1/ It only specificies compatibility with: 99-2003 Lexus RX 300,2004 RX330 & 2005 RX330. I have an RX300 2005 model. Could there be any compatibility issues associated?

2/ As this is a USA reseller, I presume that the mats are targetted towards left hand drive vehicles. Is this an issue? Would they work fine on right hand side vehicles?

2/ As this is a USA reseller, I presume that the mats are targetted towards left hand drive vehicles. Is this an issue? Would they work fine on right hand side vehicles?

I suspect this would be an issue.

mats are normally recessed on the drivers side to ensure that the accelerator and brake pedals can move freely.

a LHD set would have this recess on the wrong side - so you would run the risk of the pedals getting stuck on the mats - a bit like the old Lexus ones used to do with the IS pedals :lol:

1/ The floor mats which come with Sussex are light colored and get dirty very quickly. I am looking to replace them with some rubber mats. Can anyone suggest a good place to get these from? Are there any online shops around?

Look on the web site www.lexus-europe.com, but these may only be Left/Hand drives