Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Re:aristo Insurance

chips229

Hi....

Im looking at buying a mk1 Aristo....

Ive been looking on the net at insurance quotes,but they are listing 2 types.

Aristo Auto (GI)2997cc

or

Aristo V300 Auto(GI)2997cc

Im under the impression that if its an import and its called a Aristo,then either model above are both twin turbo models...

Ive had a quote for both models by the same company and the V300 is nearly twice the price of the Aristo Auto...

Common sense tells me the V300 MUST be turbo`d at twice the price of insurance?

I dont want to be caught out and not be covered?

Can someone help please?

Cheers Chips.

The GS is we know it is called the Aristo in Japan. All models are an Aristo so you cannot compare an Aristo to a Vertex.

There are two main variants the S300 and the V300.

The S300 is like the UK GS300 with the 2JZ-GE engine putting out around 220bhp.

The V300 is the twin turbo 2JZ-GTE engine putting out 280bhp (although probably nearer 300bhp).

Both the S300 and the V300 are available in standard form and the Vertex (some people incorrectly call it the Vortex). This is a higher spec model so you get a rear spoiler, HIDs, maybe bigger wheels etc. The V300 Vertex also gets active rear wheel steering.

The S300 is also available in Walnut Package which is like the Vertex model + wood trim interior.

Leather interior, sunroof and uprated stereos are options on all models.

Hope this helps

Aristo is a standard UK GS300

Thanks for reply,i know what your saying,but on the insurance form you fill out on the quote...under Lexus it gives you the GS300 which is a uk car,which can only be N/A version...

the other choice is choose Toyota,which it is,then your given the model to choose and the Aristo is in the list....then youve the two choices which i list.

Aristo Auto (GI)2997cc

or

If the cars a jap import,and its called an Aristo......are the turbos standard to the "Aristo" model? :unsure:

The GS is we know it is called the Aristo in Japan. All models are an Aristo so you cannot compare an Aristo to a Vertex.

There are two main variants the S300 and the V300.

The S300 is like the UK GS300 with the 2JZ-GE engine putting out around 220bhp.

The V300 is the twin turbo 2JZ-GTE engine putting out 280bhp (although probably nearer 300bhp).

Both the S300 and the V300 are available in standard form and the Vertex (some people incorrectly call it the Vortex). This is a higher spec model so you get a rear spoiler, HIDs, maybe bigger wheels etc. The V300 Vertex also gets active rear wheel steering.

The S300 is also available in Walnut Package which is like the Vertex model + wood trim interior.

Leather interior, sunroof and uprated stereos are options on all models.

Hope this helps

The engine in the car im looking at buying is the JZS147

But all i know is thats the mk1 model i believe?

The engine in the car im looking at buying is the JZS147

But all i know is thats the mk1 model i believe?

That is the vehicle model code not the engine code. You need to know if it's a S300 or a V300. As you have found out the V300 (Twin Turbo) is a lot more to insure.

Aristo is a standard UK GS300

Thanks for reply,i know what your saying,but on the insurance form you fill out on the quote...under Lexus it gives you the GS300 which is a uk car,which can only be N/A version...

the other choice is choose Toyota,which it is,then your given the model to choose and the Aristo is in the list....then youve the two choices which i list.

Aristo Auto (GI)2997cc

or

If the cars a jap import,and its called an Aristo......are the turbos standard to the "Aristo" model? :unsure:

If the car you are buying has turbos - the you want to insure the V300 model.

If does not - you want the plain Aristo version