Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sport Questions

Hi folks,

Firstly I would just like to say a big hello to you all :)

Secondly I'm new to this board and have stumbled across it whilst looking to purchase an IS200. I think I'll probably be going for an early 1999/2000 IS200 Sport but before doing so could somebody please tell me (or point me to) the main differences between the Sport and other models? For example does it come with a sunroof as standard where others don't, will it be booked as a Sport on the V5, etc.....

I may also opt for the styling kit but I'm not sure if the Sport styling kit came with 18" alloys or whether it was the standard 17's + bodykit. I've seen a few on Autotrader and all the Sports with Styling Kits (bar one) seem have 18's.

I don't really want to risk buying an S or SE with bodykit thinking it is a Sport so any help would be gratefully appreciated. I've been browsing various websites but can only seem to find information on the newer models.

Thanks in advance.

Hello!!!

the only thing is not financially viable to change on other models is the Two Tone steering wheel, otherwise looks can be deceiving.. no need to worry it will say SPORT in the log book ;)

Hello!!!

the only thing is not financially viable to change on other models is the Two Tone steering wheel, otherwise looks can be deceiving.. no need to worry it will say SPORT in the log book ;)

erm - and the limited slip diff........ :rolleyes:

The sport also comes with tinted rear windows.

Welcome to the club BTW....... :)

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the info and kind words.

So am I correct in thinking that the easy way to tell if it is a Sport is to just check the V5 and for the styling kit it was basically a factory fit option on all models? I originally thought that cars with the Styling Kit were sold as "Styling Kit" models so thanks for your help.

I just need to track one down now!