Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The new GS will be launched on 15 April 2005.

Not sure if this is old news or not... but i found it on the Lexus Gb site, however this is no mention of it on Lexus US.

I see the 4.3 V8 is now pushing out 300 (280 old) and the 0-60 is 6.1 (6.4 before, the US one does 5.9)

I take the this 245bhp 3litre V6, will be going into the next IS300? If it does 0-60 in 7.2secs on the GS, what will the IS be.. close to a 330i?

I think it comes out March 1st in the US.

Not sure if the 3.0l engine will be used for too long as there is also a 3.5l going in it which should also be used in the new IS

Where did you get those old stats from? Old US is 5.8 0-60 and the UK is 6.3

Be interesting to see if the V8 does get 300bhp this time like it always has had in the US. LS and SC still only have around 280 - could just Lexus GB not getting their info correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Lexus GB don't know what the true stats are.

The link from Raz states 300 bhp for the 4.3 but their latest press release gives a figure of 282 bhp

http://www.lexus.co.uk/news.php?page=article&id=geneva

Sadly I feel the second figure will be the correct, the Euro version being 20bhp down on the US engine.

I think it comes out March 1st in the US.
It's been out for a while already. Lots of people on the US forums talking about their delivery experience.
Not sure if the 3.0l engine will be used for too long as there is also a 3.5l going in it which should also be used in the new IS
The 3.0-litre is a new engine. Unlikely Lexus would develop a new direct injection unit just to replace it soon after.

It's in showrooms and available for test drive and stock has arrived over the last couple of weeks so some owners have got them before launch date.

The 3.5l engine has been built for the new GS and IS, the JDM GS will have the 3.5l engine. Not sure why they have the 3.0l at the moment - possibly for the AWD.

They may also use this new 3.0l engine as the bases for the next gen hybrids rather than the old technology 3.3l engine currently being used.

The 3.5l engine has been built for the new GS and IS, the JDM GS will have the 3.5l engine. Not sure why they have the 3.0l at the moment - possibly for the AWD.
But then we're getting the 3.0-litre over here, and we don't even have the option of AWD. RWD only. The plot thickens...