Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Breitling Watches

jasons

Has anyone got one?

Thinking of trading in my Tag and wanted to know if anyones got one?

Are they as good as the price suggests? quality/ Service etc?

Thanks guys,

JasonS

I have a Breitling - Got it last year after my Tag was looking a little battered. Nice watch, well weighted, fantastic quality and excellent customer service. I bought mine in Nottingham, had £1000 off the list price. Always wanted one - and it will last a lifetime so thought why not....

Do'nt buy a Breitling, you will pay approxm. 30% of the price only for the brand.

Other companies like Omega, Longines, Sinn etc offer the same quality to a lower price.

The clockworks of the mechanical watches are almost all made by the same company, the ETA group in Switzerland.

As far as I know only Rolex, Zenith and Glashütte install their own clockworks.

I got this one

http://www.jomashop.com/breitling-488.html

Had it for 2.5 years now. No problems. Had to send it in for recalibration. got it done free.

Its a bit heavy, but its waterproof till 1000M.

Breitling are among the only watchmakers that still make their own movements along with ROlex, Zenith, Patek Phillipe etc. Omega, Tag etc, source theirs from a Hong Kong based company.

Out of interest....

The shop links that were posted- has anyone used them??

Nope - I just punched Breitling into google to show you my watch. If you're going to get one, then I would suggest actually going into a shop and trying it. They can be weighty (as amolkarnik said) and if you're spending that kind of money, I would want to make sure I see it before buying.

Breitling are among the only watchmakers that still make their own movements along with ROlex, Zenith, Patek Phillipe etc. Omega, Tag etc, source theirs from a Hong Kong based company.

In all Breitling watches ETA movements were installed.

I bought a tissot automatic last year and it has been great ,can see all the movement from the underneath paid about £400,also have an omega geneve automatic for going out as it is to delecate for everytime wear as it is about 35 years old.That is a great watch Zee ,would love one like that but the missus would kill me for spending that sort of dough

Nothing wrong with Casio, I once had a Casio Remote control watch. The laughs I had at school with that watch will never be forgotten!! :D

I went for an Omega becasue there slightly less protensious than Breitling and Rolex. After a couple of years of so with the Omega I did look around for a Rolex but I just didn't like any.

:P

• 7 months later...
I've got a Casio .... £30 from Argoooose  :whistling:  :whistling:

Me too :whistling: (but mine cost abit more then that!) :lol:

To be honest I do actally prefer digital watches! I like the extra features they can provide such as word clock, timer, stopwatch, back light etc. Much nicer then a stanard analog watch. (I am abit of a gadget lover!)

I've been after a nice digital watch for ages that doesn't look too cheap when worn with a suit for a while but so far been unsucessful - None of the "prestige" brands seem to do digital watches. :o