Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Smashed Is200

TheDon

well the work has been estimated at £4500 (basic) so the car isnt a write off! Thank fook!

They are going to get a drivers side shell to do the whole right hand side of the car bar the front wing! so its all gonna be shiney! Car can go in as of tomorrow now!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the work has been estimated at £4500 (basic) so the car isnt a write off! Thank fook!

They are going to get a drivers side shell to do the whole right hand side of the car bar the front wing! so its all gonna be shiney! Car can go in as of tomorrow now!

Whats a drives side shell, lol

Glad you're getting it sorted out so quick, i've had loads of trouble trying to get my insurance company to authorise £350 worth of work!

Glad you're OK bud!

Slightly off topic, but i don't think i'm gonna be able to make this Saturday bud, got some other stuff that i have to do (under orders from the missus!) Sorry! :D

Stu

thats ok stu. will keep u informed.

As for the drivers side shell, dont quote me on that. could have been a frame or sumfin. basicaly sounded like they remove the sills, a pillar and b pillar etc etc and bolt/weld on a new side frame thing? so its all good i think.

either way i think it would be better than them just replacing a small part like the b-pillar.

quotes were done thru Ruxley motors, not my choice but the bodyshop i want will match theirs and then i will have the work done there! as for lexus bodyshops, well they just sub contract the work anyway. the shop i use is the nuts and because i am good friends with them i get a special job!!

Very sorry to hear that , hope you are ok, sorry for the loss of your motor.................I dislike golfs (not the 1979 ones) but the smug 2.4 families and the dad always wears a 'cool' baseball cap at the w/end ******* dislike the lot of them............once youve bought a golf its all over :withstupid:

quotes were done thru Ruxley motors, not my choice but the bodyshop i want will match theirs and then i will have the work done there! as for lexus bodyshops, well they just sub contract the work anyway. the shop i use is the nuts and because i am good friends with them i get a special job!!

any one i know :whistling:

any one i know :whistling:

Maybe, maybe not!!!! :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Just joined tonight and read this with interest . I wrote my first Lexus off too in 2000 - I lost control on a bend , hit the central reservation, went into a spin and stopped after an encounter with a lamp-post head on :D .

I was lucky to walk away unscathed but MY air-bags never inflated either which was a concern considering the force of the impact .

I tried several times to get my hands on the inspecting engineers report without success but always wondered about the airbags not working.

well i am having a new drivers seat installed but it does seem strange. as the sensor must be located on the side of the car - and the whole side of the car got hit!! lol