Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Smashed Is200

TheDon

Well, add me to the list -

A typical rep who though he owned the road (no, not a BMW driver!!!) decided that those little white stripes on the road dont apply to him.

basical on saturday at 4.30pm a VW golf hit me directly in the driver and passenger door at 50mph sending me into a spin and punching the doors and b pillar into my shoulder and head.

its a 50/50 as to if its a write off at min. will find out tomorrow.

police are going to do him for driving without due care and attention thank ***.

will post more + photos later.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems the charger saved me!i had about 2 seconds before he was gonna hit me directly in the driver door, but i floored it and moved 1-2 feet further on where the B pillar took the force of the brunt, otherwise i would have taken it all into the driver door alone (would have probably been cut out of car!)

just got a extremely painful shoulder and neck and lost a few brain cells. just hope i can keep the car. if i can the charger is all gonna be sent off etc for chrome etc and come back better.

if its a write off then im gonna get me a GS300 sport in black

Man, someone needs to take these guys off the road, glad you're not too badly hurt, and hopefully there'll be no long term damage.

So the guy just came straight out at a junction? :ohmy: Was he asleep? :blink:

Good to hear you're okay Chris, sounds like that could have easily been nasty...

Hope you get things sorted soon, where did this happen, a junction or crossroads or something?

other weird thing is that none of the airbags went off, not even the side ones! disturbing realy. when else are side airbags meant to go off!

It happend when i was let out of the carpark of PC world in orpington. heading onto sevenoaks way. was turning right so a merc driver stopped to let me out. obviously this guy decided that he didnt need to stop and put his foot down to drive on the chevrons (dont drive on stripes) and straight into my side.

happened so quick, did the usual thing of look left and look right. he wasnt there.

other weird thing is that none of the airbags went off, not even the side ones! disturbing realy. when else are side airbags meant to go off!

That's interesting, you should chase that up with Lexus, I heard the same thing recently with an Avensis, and it not deploying the airbags in a frontal impact