Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Smashed Is200

TheDon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, add me to the list -

A typical rep who though he owned the road (no, not a BMW driver!!!)

will post more + photos later.

How did i know a Bimmer driver would be mentioned :angry:

Glad you are not too badly hurt, sorry to hear about the car, but GS300 in black sounds Pimp (get some 18 or 19" momo sport alloys on it, damn!!!!!!!!!)

the police officer commented how lucky i was to be in a lexus! he said that if i had been in a fiesta or something then things would have been so much worse. he even commented how it was such a shame that a rep mobile had ruined my baby

damn, sorry to see this, hope it works out ok. certainly seems like you were lucky since a few feet further forward looks like it could have been a lot worse. what sort of speed was other driver doing?

the police officer commented how lucky i was to be in a lexus! he said that if i had been in a fiesta or something then things would have been so much worse. he even commented how it was such a shame that a rep mobile had ruined my baby

it is estimated the other driver was doing about 50mph and i was doing about 5mph!

the car spun round like a little spinning top! i think your right about if i had been in a coupe! that b-pillar def saved my life. also greatful it was only a golf! seeing as they have the better crash properties than say a range rover - or a truck!

Thanks for all the kind words guys, realy apreciate it! Am hoping that it will all get fixed back up. would be a shame to have to start again.

And seeing as it wil be off the road for a while i think that i will have all the charger parts blinged up etc. and send the interior off for its re-trim

Chris, out of curiosity - did you tell your insurance company about all the mods you have done to the car ? .... super charger ..... wheels ........ etc ?

Coz you know if you haven't, they "could" refuse to validate your isnurance policy ! :crying:

yes i have, even so i have stripped the car so that if it is written off then i can keep sell the bits on. if they repair it i will just put em back on. plus if its gonna sit in a bodyshop for a few weeks im not gonna have some little paint monkey play with my car!!! so its all sitting here in my dining room.

I'm really shocked by the photos - your IS200 saved your life.

It is a bit worrying that the airbags didn't go off though.

The driver of the VW deserves a ban at the very least for driving like that. Was there a speed limit on that road?

well the estimator arrived and he said that it will need a whole drivers side frame thing (a pillar, b pillar, sills etc) plus 2 new doors and also a new drivers seat etc.

only thing that will write the car off now is the value of the repairs! sooo i have to keep my fingers crossed for the next 24hrs till i hear back from them!

The price of parts arnt to bad, a door shell is only about £250 + vat

and the seats come in bits

Put it this way I've just supplied a bodyshop a complet rear end near enough on an Xreg IS, that was insurance and the parts come to around £3000