Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phonebook Synchronization With Nav System

I have uploaded my mobile's phonebook into the Lexus NAV system and I am wondering if anyone has any tips on keeping it synchronzed with my phone as I add/delete entries? Are there any recommended practices? Are memory button shortcuts affected if the phonebook is updated?

Thanks,

Sami

I have uploaded my mobile's phonebook into the Lexus NAV system and I am wondering if anyone has any tips on keeping it synchronzed with my phone as I add/delete entries? Are there any recommended practices? Are memory button shortcuts affected if the phonebook is updated?

Thanks,

Sami

The phone book is not synched in any way with your phone. You simply use your phone as a means to get the names and numbers into the Lexus system. You could change phones or whatever and the Lexus system won't give a monkeys as long as you were tell it that you've added a new phone.

br

D

• 1 month later...
sami,

which phone do you have? make and model please!

I have a nokia 6230 but can't seem to transfer the phone book

I have a Sony Ericsson V800. THe 6230 should be able to do it with no problem.

Did you manage to successfully pair your car and mobile device? You can tell this when you first switch on your car, it should say something like "Bluetooth Connection Successful" on the NAV.

sami,

which phone do you have? make and model please!

I have a nokia 6230 but can't seem to transfer the phone book

6230 should be fine.

I have used various Nokia phones now ;-)

I found the instructions to not be quite right. First get your phone paired.

Assuming that's done and I remember it correctly when you go to the phone screen to start the receiving of the numbers what they fail to tell you is that the when you do this the Bluetooth connection between the phone and the Lexus is dropped. The reason for this is because you can't have more than one BT connection active from the same device. So it has to drop the connection to enable you to send the data. You'll then need to go to your phonebook and send via BT the number for the person you want to transfer. It will only transfer one number for each person in your phone book and you;ll need to do this process again and again for each contact.

Hope that helps.

br

D

[...] It will only transfer one number for each person in your phone book and you;ll need to do this process again and again for each contact.

On my V800, there is an option called Send All Contacts which would do the whole phonebook in one go. I am sure I've seen this also on some Nokia's - might be worth investigating. I've tried in on my Sony Ericsson and works nicely.

[...] It will only transfer one number for each person in your phone book and you;ll need to do this process again and again for each contact.

On my V800, there is an option called Send All Contacts which would do the whole phonebook in one go. I am sure I've seen this also on some Nokia's - might be worth investigating. I've tried in on my Sony Ericsson and works nicely.

My understanding was that although the phone supports this the Lexus system does not. You may find after checking that it has only sent just one contact using this method.

br

D

many thanks for the replies.

I have finally managed to get it working, and as Damian said, you can only send one number per contact you have even if you select 'send all details'. So far, I have only transfred the most useful numbers...

Neither Nokia or Motorola work well with a total memory dump. As you have experienced they will only do one number at a time, however if you can borrow any LG, Samsung or especially Sony Bluetooth enabled phone, they are able to transfer your complete memory in one go. Once you have done that you can then go back to your 6230i.

You will find that the general memory will not work when the car is moving - which is a regretable feature, but the one touch feature is still active.

Good luck! :shifty:

There really is no need to change your phone if you just borrow somebody's Sony (which seems to work well) Bluetooth phone to install the memory using your sim card. You will have to make sure that all your contacts are on the card and have been copied from the phone memory.

Once the memory transfer is complete (which only takes a couple of minutes) your Nokia will work without a problem.

It seems that only Nokia and Motorola suffer from the "one contact at a time" problem, however don't rely on other makes working without trying them first.

Best of luck.