Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crome Finish

tredaug

Just had a look, dont know if this company can help.

http://www.autocaresystems.com/pages/chroming.htm

This company is based in Leeds.

The cost is £100 per wheel +VAT and you have to post/courier to them without tyres and it takes around 7 days.

Probably better off putting the £470 towards a brand new set of wheels and seeling your old ones or keeping as a spare set.

I wanted to get a set of wheels refurbed and I asked them about high polish finish. He said it was not a problem to do it but did not reccomend it for everyday driving because it will fade and go dull.It was a process they reccomended for "Show Cars"

I wanted to get a set of wheels refurbed and I asked them about high polish finish. He said it was not a problem to do it but did not reccomend it for everyday driving because it will fade and go dull.It was a process they reccomended for "Show Cars"

Mine are still looking good, car was registered in Nov 2000.

We are looking at the possibility of polishing a set of Lexus 18" rims, just to see what they look like. We like the idea of polishing them and the recesses in the spokes having a vinyl insert, possibly coloured similar to the car. Im just waiting to take my original rims off again when the Mania's are finished and we shall have a go with one. The trouble with it is that if the rims are kerb rashed, you cant fill them like with chroming or powder coating as you will see it after polishing.

Once we have had time to do one, I will post pics and a price per set. Its all down to time really.

i saw there is now a uk company offering tripple chrome plating on any wheels you wanna throw at them. cost - £1250 for 4!!!!!!!!!!!

Either way you could try "spit and polish" based in tonbridge - very highly rated and have the most comprehensive powdercoating procedure i have seen around. £51 a wheel will see it coated in black chrome.

We are looking at the possibility of polishing a set of Lexus 18" rims, just to see what they look like.  We like the idea of polishing them and the recesses in the spokes having a vinyl insert, possibly coloured similar to the car.

you mean like lextasy do already, even got scorpians car pictured..

We are looking at the possibility of polishing a set of Lexus 18" rims, just to see what they look like.  We like the idea of polishing them and the recesses in the spokes having a vinyl insert, possibly coloured similar to the car.

you mean like lextasy do already, even got scorpians car pictured..

and he must have got paid handsomly for it . :whistling: .........explains why he is driving an LS now :D