Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intercooler Chroming

TheDon

Have been offered a one off sponship deal by a chrome plating company, now im gonna have all of my intercooler pipes and anything else possible chromeplated - but the question is - will there be any problems if i chrome plate my intercooler!

Any adverse effects? i assume i would have to find a way of blanking the inside of the intercooler or would i? smoother surface better airflow etc.

also have the possibility of them being gold plated as well. certainly something for the shows!

Seeing as its all free i wanna get it all done while its off the car so need to give him the final plating list.

cheers for any help guys

You wont be able to chrome your intercooler unless you intend splitting it and having it re-cored as the whole item needs to be submersed. Plus it needs to be near on polished first before etching and triple plating, and you will damage the core also.

Also, its pointless chroming or plating anything that is alloy. The Intercooler pipes are Stainless, which polish to a mirror finish which will outlast chrome for good looks and the parts need to be polished before chroming anyway, so no point really.

Anyway, I thought you had written the car off ?

seeing as its all getting polised anyways i will just let them do all the work anyways. will just have them polish the cast part of the cooler and gold plate the visible intercooler piping for the shows. only has to last a year as i will be selling up at the end of the show season.

The only reason i wanna have it in gold is to scrape some of the best engine bay trophies! nobody else has gold plated intercooler pipes in the show scene and its so fitting for a lexus!

The only other gold plated engine part i know of is a gold plated engine head on an almera! combined with the stainless steel engine cover thats on its way from my sub contractor and it will all be very shiney when its all put back together!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links