Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Pads All Round

aski

Any idea how long a set of pads should last on my 200. They only got replaced when i had new rear dics about 9500mls ago. They have had to be replaced allround. The car is driven fairly hard but this is still at least twice as quick as i would have thought. :unsure:

I was advised on my 10k service my front pads would need changing before the 20k service, I got a second opinion from an idependant mechanic who said they were barely scratched.

When the car went in for the 20k service, I was told the front pads would need changing before the 30k service :blink:

I think someone may be trying to get salesman of the month!

Cheers.

Stuart

had my fronts done today and whilst at the lexus garage was told the rears were 80% worn, the fast fit guy at my local national said they have plenty left on them even saw them for myself.

On the report they did there was no mention of the low rear pad level which i find odd as they can mention the foglights having condensation which would seem less of a worry than low rear pad level!!!

Slightly O/T but i have 4 Goodyear F1's on the car only 3 weeks old so why do they reccomend on the sheet to fit potenzas or dunlops???

Nick