Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caught Speeding By Those Cameras Read This

Brettster

Read this on another forum, what do you think of this?

"What I said in court on the 20th

Me -I Plea not guilty

Prostiitutor - we have photographic evidence of blaah lah .....

Me - I wish to contest the photographic evidence on the basis that the speed it alleges (38Mph) could not possibly be accurate.

Prostiitutor - (starting to look puzzled as to how)

Majistrates - on what Grounds

Me - There are three main reasons -:

There are 40 - 80 (80 Dual carrigeway) small white lines that run parallel to each other that the camera uses by taking TWO photographs’ in 1.5 secs and measuring the amount of lines that your wheels have traveled within that time. This GASTO has about a 12 degree curve in the road on one side due to a lay by which would severely put the measurement out.

The 40 – 80 white lines are supposed to be exactly the same distance apart from one another so to be able to give an exact measurement of the speed which the vehicle is traveling “56 inches as far as I am aware” as you can see by the diagram this is clearly not the case. 53 inches in variety not a single measure is correct. Would you like a copy of the diagram that I have created by measuring the for mentioned distances?

Prostiitutor – Urrrm Yes . thinking YA WAHH!!!!

“also a good idea to take 3 more copy’s of the diagram for the 3 magestrates to look at so they can follow what you are saying”

Also because the speed camera is positioned using this measuring system of the lines due to the way the speed sensor works the the further to the right of the GASTO you are the faster the instrument makes it appear that u are traveling. As many studies in other countries have proved. The best expel is Germany who are currently replace all Gastos with forward facing cameras. This is as a result that this system could not produce an accurate reading due to bends, dips and angles in the road. I am currently awaiting a copy of the scientific results that were fully back by the Government & National Police Force.

Magistrates – “Can the prosecution shed any light to what the law states are the guidelines for the areas raised by the defendant?”

Prostiitutor – After franticly rummaging through lots of bits of paper that were clearly nothing to with the question or the case (The Court Listings for Court 2) I stand 6ft 2” and saw the title of these 4-5 bits of paper. In the end she couldn’t even bring her self to say NO and Just shook her head in utter dismay to what she thought was going to be a 5 minute in & out 3points on his License and a hefty fine of £60.00 plus what ever court costs they thought were suitable for me not paying the ticket on time and wasting her precious time!.

Magistrate – Confer and say to the prosecutor “We think it suitable to adjourn this case to at least the 4th March so as the prosecution can study the law & confer with police traffic Hq to discover if the evidence provided by the defendant to substantiate any grounds that he may have in regards to a possible inaccurate reading presented as evidence against him.

The gasto prints which I requested when I got the ticket which they MUST Provide you with if you ask for them.

I go back on the 4th of march to find out.

If I win the case I would be compensated for the time and effort it has cost me & the speed camera would be dug up a classed or classed as an illegal Camera. Also anyone fined by this Gasto would within reason have an appeal for any judgment from by this Gasto.

CAM IS OPPOSITE BEDE COLLEGE IN SUNDERLAND ON THE A690 (DURHAM ROAD) TYNE & WEAR. MY DIAGRAM IS ATTACHED SHOULD ANYONE WISH TO USE OR JUST LOOK AT THE LAYOUT. PLEASE FEEL FREE

If this was just a sixty pound fine I would have just paid it, but as I drive a 350bhp Nissan Skyline and have an insurance premium that is more like a telephone number With a clean full license that I have had for 3 year it would have cost me at least hundreds of pounds in extra insurance due to the resulting standard 3 point judgment that is received with this type of GASTO.

I had previously consulted 3 solicitors with my findings before I had to go to court and all agreed that if these measurements are correct the case would be dropped against GASTO CAMS ONLY"

one fact that still cant be denied as far as i can see is the camera was still ACTIVATED due to speeding...regardless of how the lines are spaced, maybe if the police can prove the camera was working and calibrated they MIGHT be able to still prosecute...

I guess all the prosecution could do is prove the margin of error for the camera. If the speed estimated by the GATSO is still above this limit even after taking the inaccuracy into account then he will still be guilty.

Don't the forward facing cameras have a infrared beam to determine speed?

I hear of a nice new idea for those infrared laser beam camers (Mobile and fixed), you can apparently buy a kit that at the touch of a button will cover the front of your car with the same kind of infrared that the camers use, thereby absorbing the signal from the camera. Not sure where you can buy this, but as far as i have been told, it is 100% legal, as there is no law saying you can't do it.

Stu

Don't the forward facing cameras have a infrared beam to determine speed?

I hear of a nice new idea for those infrared laser beam camers (Mobile and fixed), you can apparently buy a kit that at the touch of a button will cover the front of your car with the same kind of infrared that the camers use, thereby absorbing the signal from the camera. Not sure where you can buy this, but as far as i have been told, it is 100% legal, as there is no law saying you can't do it.

Stu

theres an easier way...fix a CD to the back of your mirror, it will blank out the picture, as the refelctioveness of the CD scatters the IR signal

the point is stu that they do not rely on lines in the road to PROVE how fast you are going.. only the fact that the equipment was triggered at X speed and a photo is taken,, hell they dont even need two photos to get your speed from..

yeh you can get these devices used to remotly open your garage door,, they scramble the speed gun lasers,, not illegal to have, but illegal to use to coerce the course of the police..

Think this is an urban myth starting here....

The white lines are secondary evidence only, and mainly used just to dismiss cases of obvious false triggering. The line spaces represent five miles per hour at the timing set on Gatso. The variation in camber, etc. would have to be more than .53 inches either straight or across the diagonal anyway.

The timing within the sensors that actuallly detect the reflected microwave field can go faulty, but this is rare and being based on set oscillators is easy to diagnose the fault.

Yes, there are laser systems within the infra-red spectrum. There are more of these now, mostly they just used to be mobile. By adding infra-red transmitters on the car at roughly the same wavelength and also modulated, could cause the receiver to go into error as the reflected signal may appear corrupt and the camera can not determine an accurate reading.

As Geoffers said, the white lines are there on as secondary evidence, if I was at work when I read this I could let you know the tolerances applied to teh secondary evidence from the speedmeter handbook, but I am not so I can't :)

The IR based systems (eg: LTI20-20 (which is also used on the space shuttle for measuring distance for docking etc :) ) take a significant number of readings per second and can indicate an erroneous reading very quickly. They are not used in permenant static locations (due to the point and click nature of their operation).

The forward facing cameras (primeraly Truvelo but Peek have a few also) use piezo strips in the road (4 off) and a 3 white line method of secondary evidence. They also use an IR biased flash (note the pink lens). They do not use IR as a method of detection.

You think speed cameras are bad now, just wait till the HA bring in their digital enforcement system (HADECS). Not sure if your going to see it on T5 section of the M25 first or the ATM section of the M42.

theres an easier way...fix a CD to the back of your mirror, it will blank out the picture, as the refelctioveness of the CD scatters the IR signal

Err, the CDs usually have islamic travel prayers on them to keep the drivers and passangers safe... I opted for something a bit classier looking.. looks like i should have gone with the cd :shifty: