Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifications Discussion

TheDon

Sorry, I don't agree.

Whether implicit or not, most reasonable people would think that if they are asked to leave a deposit againstsomething they order, and then they cancel their order, the deposit is lost.

In any event, like I said before, it's none of our flippin business anyways.

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

I would have thought customer loyalty would be more of a priority than holding onto a deposit, as when taz is back on his lucky horse again his £££ would flow back to TDi because of the fairness. i cant see that happening if they keep that money. i know i wouldnt spend my money somewhere that kept mine! but i am loyal to shops that play fair.

just my 2 cents thats all.

Will put this on a few other forums to see if anyone else is afterone to help taz out

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:duh:  :duh:  :duh:  :duh:  :duh:  :duh:

I would have thought customer loyalty would be more of a priority than holding onto a deposit, as when taz is back on his lucky horse again his £££ would flow back to TDi because of the fairness. i cant see that happening if they keep that money. i know i wouldnt spend my money somewhere that kept mine! but i am loyal to shops that play fair.

in fairness, what work has Taz had done at tdi previous...im not aware of any,, therefore no relationship built up...

Will put this on a few other forums to see if anyone else is afterone to help taz out

errr what forums,,,,,,mini owners club im sure there are a few of em wnating with a toyota s/c... :P

yeh im all for some amount of customer payback to keep them sweet, but youve still got to run a business at the end of the day, and as i mentioned, im sure that Taz isnt the only one to have it hard,, in fact thinking about it hes in the same boat as lots of people who make the sacrifice to get a house,, that was HIS choice, its not like hes about to LOOSE a house cause of something out of his control. come on guys...

perhaps i should ask for some money from each of you as im saving for a s/c for my 300 and need as much money as i can get..... same thing aint it...

ahh, isnt it nice when it all works out... :D

That said, i was always under the impression, a deposit is just that, you put money down to make the item/car unavailable to sale for someone else, and if you dont purchase it, that deposit covers any loss during the period.. but i could be wrong..

thats my impression of a non refundable deposit..

yep agree Ian....

:duh:  :duh:  :duh:  :duh:  :duh:  :duh:

in fairness, what work has Taz had done at tdi previous...im not aware of any,, therefore no relationship built up...

errr what forums,,,,,,mini owners club im sure there are a few of em wnating with a toyota s/c... :P

yeh im all for some amount of customer payback to keep them sweet, but youve still got to run a business at the end of the day, and as i mentioned, im sure that Taz isnt the only one to have it hard,, in fact thinking about it hes in the same boat as lots of people who make the sacrifice to get a house,, that was HIS choice, its not like hes about to LOOSE a house cause of something out of his control. come on guys...

perhaps i should ask for some money from each of you as im saving for a s/c for my 300 and need as much money as i can get..... same thing aint it...

ahh, isnt it nice when it all works out... :D

That said, i was always under the impression, a deposit is just that, you put money down to make the item/car unavailable to sale for someone else, and if you dont purchase it, that deposit covers any loss during the period.. but i could be wrong..

thats my impression of a non refundable deposit..

yep agree Ian....

As for my first comment you replied too - there are more people than just Taz reading this thread. Customer loyalty/relationship plays a large part in most peoples money spending habits.

As for the other forums part, i am good friends with a lot of show car owners as well as large modifying clubs/forums that the owners of the "other" lexus's wouldnt dream of joining here. I know of about another 8 IS200's that are not members of LOC. Therefore potential customers.

Am glad this is sorting itself out.

As for my first comment you replied too - there are more people than just Taz reading this thread. Customer loyalty/relationship plays a large part in most peoples money spending habits.

True but a repeat business customer is worth far more in my book than a non customer, would nt you agree

As for the other forums part, i am good friends with a lot of show car owners as well as large modifying clubs/forums that the owners of the "other" lexus's wouldnt dream of joining here. I know of about another 8 IS200's that are not members of LOC. Therefore potential customers.

fair do's, you right max power crew wouldnt dream of joining a more serious club. :P :tomato:

True but a repeat business customer is worth far more in my book than a non customer, would nt you agree

fair do's, you right max power crew wouldnt dream of joining a more serious club. :P  :tomato:

Max power crew, hmmmm i wouldnt put my car within 100 miles of max power! and what are you then, you do all the same mods that the "max power" crew do?

I dont know why they dont like owners clubs but its that kind of discrimination that keeps them away.

I only deal with professional show cars not just lexus, as i have respect to anyone that will take a "knife" to improve a luxury car.

And would the max power crew be trying very hard to create Legal events and places for the more irresponsibe branch of any moddified car user. no but we are.

Seems like all is getting sorted. i am sorry to bring this up in the thread but it is small mindedness that creates problems within the modding comunity. As for the serious club bit - are you reading the same site as me because lately i have seen more grown up water fights at a childrens playground.

Max power crew, hmmmm i wouldnt put my car within 100 miles of max power! and what are you then, you do all the same mods that the "max power" crew do?

waheyyy and we have a winner....(he says as he reals in fishing rod)

ok my definition of a max power car (and id like to say that some are good and some are crap and each to there own) has:- HUGE bodykits, neons, LED washer jets, HUGE zuast,, ALL show and no go....

hows that..

well i can honestly say i dont associate with anyone who has a car like that.

The people i mix with drive nice cars like E46 M3s, ACS S3's, Gucci Trimmed M3's, Mitsubishi Evo's, Range rover Vogues on 24" chromes costing the same as a good second hand IS200, IS200's in varying states of Tune. Basicaly i do not associate with any form of Chav or kevin.

Also it sounds like your describing MAZ's car, and that was featured on the cover of max power (bar the no go part)

I fail also to see how a 400bhp M3 has all show and no go?

didnt say M3's were max power cars,,

i said the addition of the aformentioned bolt ons were maxpower.

now maz's car, ive always said i hate neons, im sure ive said the choice of colour for the flip is not my cup ot tea, the retrim is good, ever thinking about that myself. and body kits well personally i like simplisity.. less is more.. apart from that i appreciate the tiem and effort thats gone into it..

now wheres my prolex supersoaker2000...

its all to do with taste

some like it some dont

max power magazine cars generally are built by younger people, and they appeal to younger people

the type that put a huge front spoiler on to give maximum airflow to the intercooler and havent even got an intercooler :lol:

any car can be max powered , be it an M3 or a corsa

my definition of the difference in a max`d car and a tastefully modded one is when onlookers say "ooh whats that" or "that looks nice"

against,

"what the blazes is that " or " what the **** has he done"

.................thing is many moons ago i was a big fan of max power, even had a car featured in there, however i think since they have started doing the max power shows, the audience have become more childish........as a result the magazine has slipped aswell.

i recon Fast car is now where MP was in the early 90's, lets hope they dont tread the same path, however saying that the FC-uk slogan pisses me off, its little aspects of FC that are going the MP way.............

as for silly additions.............am i one to speak :blush: , Some days even i dont like the front bumper, but its different, and its supprising how many people do actually like it..........

i call it the Marmite bumper

I must admit that the whole scene has become a little society, and as such has developed different cultures and different "religions".

Show car owners - Growing breed, money + cars + imagination= FUN.

They tend to be more responsible as they dont even want a stone chip let alone rubber stuck on the car!

Cruisers - They tend to be in large groups. Mostly friends that like to meet up to talk about cars. A lot have internet forums the same as us, and organise meets in exactly the same way as us. It is very rare to find a bad bunch. They like to park up, talk and interact. rarely causing trouble.

SCUM - People that think the hight of fashion is wearing a burbury or Nike Tn cap pointed skyward - often responds to the name Kevin or Barry. Likes to prove he is a street racer off "2 Fast 2 Furious" by racing his mate in their half modded 1.1 corsas. These guys are responsible for tarnishing everybody with the same brush as them. They have little regard for any form of police or safety procedures. causing us to have a hard time and certain mods banned (i.e. tinted windows).

Quick breakdown of the magazines and their readers :-

"max power" - the magazine has effectively become a comic, full of 500bhp 1.2l Corsas that have gained 200lbs from all the filler and fibreglass that has been added. They also think that macdonalds is a hightly rated food establishment - this is the part of the "family" that gives the rest the bad name. The magaznine appeals to the lowest common denominator.

"Revs" - Linked to Max power, you will never see any decent cars here. They seem to have an aversion to quality cars, corsas - paxos - astras are all main food stables here. They normaly encourage people to do stupid things at cruises further ruining relations between the police and the public.

"Banzai" - Hardcore, full of facts - has its head screwed on. Even the smallest cars are full on professional. Readers tend to be full on petrol heads and very much into the technical aspects that most mags overlook.

"fast car" - As matt said is in a place at the min where it is getting some realy good features and a realy good mix of cars. It is definately interested in performance and styling especialy when it makes the car look perfect. It is the only magazine i am working with at the min. Staff there are also very good. Will be doing the french shows with them this year.

"redline" not much to say about this magazine as i hate it. never found it to be worth buying. so cant say too much realy.

I am working realy hard this year to try and show the local councils and local police the differences between the none trouble making car enthusiasts and the yobs that create problems. as the problem i encounter is that they dont have any training that teaches them to differenciate. its the same with the public.

Also from personal experience i have seen the police turn a peaceful gathering into a dangerous situation from misreading the signs,

I have been in talks with bluewater management too, am trying to get them to hoast a monthly "show and shine" competition in the hope that we can deter the people that use the centre for Illigal meetings and further ruin relations for everyone.

There is lots more planned this year, mainly i feel that a lot of the problem is people being ill informed. And not to be condecending but the older you get the more generalistic you become. But this is understandable. Its called steriotyping. we are all capable of it. But there is also a fine line!

The pot cannot call the kettle black, we cannot criticise the corsas for wanting the loud exhausts. As in a way its a compliment. They want to sound like they have a powerful car - which we already own and have no need for OTT mods.

Sorry for the war and peace. Just got back and have a lot to say. could go on all day realy. but there definately has to be a few more designated devisions other than just "Boyracers".

"fast car" - As matt said is in a place at the min where it is getting some realy good features and a realy good mix of cars. It is definately interested in performance and styling especialy when it makes the car look perfect. It is the only magazine i am working with at the min. Staff there are also very good. Will be doing the french shows with them this year.

when exactly did he say this

i recon Fast car is now where MP was in the early 90's, lets hope they dont tread the same path, however saying that the FC-uk slogan pisses me off, its little aspects of FC that are going the MP way.............

not quite the same ;)

when i spoke to matt on the phone fella.

Also if you read more into what matt said "in the same place MP was in the 90's" at that time they were getting the good features and they had not developed as bad a reputation as they have now.

Unfortunately for Fast car they do still need to sell the magazines, hence why they have that slogan to apeal to more people. but generaly if you read Lax Power then fast car it is fully aparent that fast car have a different style and content.

I have even spoken at length with one of max powers staff writers, Millsey, he agrees himself that the magazine has a ***** reputation - but it pays.

I feel there is space for a new magazine! might be where i am heading!

I have seen the price he paid, Carisma did the trim and it cost ££££££££.

Fake gucci is chav, real gucci is expensive and purely for show.

so - if it expensive, its in good taste

if it cheap, its "chav" (*** I hate that :tsktsk: word - I am considering adding it to the word filter)

:D :lol: gucci trim , :tsktsk: me what next burberry carpets with matching versace headlining .each to thier own and all that but a lot of these modded cars do look a bit overboard ,its a shame that some of them do not know when to stop and the car go's from looking good to just looking tacky.Them big carbon wing spoilers are a classic example reminds me of a day out at wimbledon watching the stock cars