Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifications Discussion

TheDon

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good discussion.

Personally I wouldn't mod my Lex, but when I was younger I would have killed for the Billabong Beetle (pale blue,no B pillars Billabong interior), or the Pink Panzer Beetle (bright pink, crome wheels, roll cage etc) so I can appreciate some of the modding, but agree it does have bad rep with Nova Boys.

Yeah had a few in my day. 1969 1200cc in Dark Red, Ltd Edition Marathon Beetle, metallic blue, 1972 1300cc in white, which never got back on the road.

So can empathise with the modders as all I wanted to do was drop a Porsche engine in, do a roof chop, centre line crome alloys and a Billabong interior with pearl pink paint. :sick:

I was still in my teens though.

The gucci interior cost in excess of £6k, you may say it dont buy you class but how many of your wives would kill for a gucci handbag! and not being funny but how many of you have a "spare" M3 with which to spend £40k on mods. It may not buy you class but it certainly makes a good show car.

gucci nah , she prefers prada

:hehe: absolutely darling - prada everytime, gucci if we really HAD to but wouldn't touch burberry with a very long stick!

... :shifty: ...unless my eyes deceive me, this seems to have turned into a bit of pi :tsktsk: ing contest... :tomato: has it not? all still pretty good humoured, so keep entertaining us guys! :winky:

yes, your right,, the point is if your gona mod a car,, then you gota be unique or original..

I agree completley, however it seems the majority of the 'Max power' and the whole cruise scene seem to be driving around in a Saxo or Corsa that has exactly the same bodykit, exactly the same twin Carbon fibre back box on show, the same sadboy bonnet, the same 'missing piece' rear spoiler...

I understand what your saying Chris, but the problem is, the M3 you mention is 1 in 500 - with a majority of 'show cars' being almost exactly the same as everthing else....

Thats my issue, you see them on E-Bay 'individual' - yeah right, I see more saxos with veilside (rip off) kits than standard ones!

And its unfortuante, because most people tar all car modifiers with the same brush - and just because i have a HKS back box on my IS200, doesnt mean i want to be associated with the muppet who handbrakes his saxo in McDonalds car park every night! :shutit:

yes, your right,, the point is if your gona mod a car,, then you gota be unique or original..

I agree completley, however it seems the majority of the 'Max power' and the whole cruise scene seem to be driving around in a Saxo or Corsa that has exactly the same bodykit, exactly the same twin Carbon fibre back box on show, the same sadboy bonnet, the same 'missing piece' rear spoiler...

I understand what your saying Chris, but the problem is, the M3 you mention is 1 in 500 - with a majority of 'show cars' being almost exactly the same as everthing else....

Thats my issue, you see them on E-Bay 'individual' - yeah right, I see more saxos with veilside (rip off) kits than standard ones!

And its unfortuante, because most people tar all car modifiers with the same brush - and just because i have a HKS back box on my IS200, doesnt mean i want to be associated with the muppet who handbrakes his saxo in McDonalds car park every night! :shutit:

exactly what i am saying, fully agree with you there.

well you gota haev a sense of humour,, if ya cant dish out a bit of ribbing then what can ya do..

I have a sense of humor and none of this bothers me to be honest. Its all a bit of fun. :D

I have a host of buisiness cards if you would like to view them. I have just recived my conformation of sponsorship from Vibe Audio and also have a lot of other companies.

I have to say that im apauled by your small mindedness. It realy makes me laugh that you feel that your so better while you have been driving round with the biggest and most ultimate "chav" dream - NOS.

Is this the company who are sponsoring you Chris ???? :)

VIBE Audio or "Vented Innovative Bass Enclosures", are a manufacturer of pre-fabricated boxes . Specializing in Bass enhancement and Bass enclosure design.

(Amongst other audio products too)

Aren't big bass boxes a (sorry to all) 'Chav' dream too???? :whistling:

Vibe audio actualy make so much more than just bass boxes. they currently produce some extremely top end monobloc amplifiers along with so many high quality audio products that make it so much more than a Bass box enclosure manufacturer.

That statement that you made again proves how generalising greates bad press etc.

I will not be recieving any pre built boxes, just amps and a sub to go in the rear (whilst retaining the maximum amount of boot space) as well as more products once i have done some more work.

fair questions bazza...

oh and thanks for the big up on me nos.....i'll let you stroke my piece later....

I have no problems with nos, i like it. But i am pointing out that we differ very little from the people that do the bad things. The only difference is the fact that we are able to rationalise and control the use of the product effectively and not just terrorise everyone with it.

Nos to an inexperienced driver is dangerous. But they dont see that. As we are generaly more mature we deal with the urges to use it more effectively.

MaxPower ergh!!!dont like it!

Some of the reason why people do what they do in their modded cars are down to maxpower anyway & thats not just modifying its things like burn outs racing etc........what i trying to say is that they well.....encourage it. fast & the furious wannabies. Good film but yet again given a bad name as these maxpower people trying to imitate it. As for the magazine well there is way too much swearing & why? do they think there 'hard' using those words i think not! The reason why its so popular is the amount of girls in the magazine anyway. I personally dont like maxpower or see the point of it.

personaly i mucho prefer the E36 M3 to the E46. i actualy prefer all E36 bmws to the e46 lot. I feel like that was their last batch of Driver orientated cars.

As for max power, its what the magazine stands for that i hate. Burnouts etc that create the problems for everyone else. It gives bad ideas to impressionable people. I know some of the staff writers there and have seen them incite this behaviour when its not taking place!

My idea of a Maxed car -

Well i see it as more than just the car butttttt......

Neon Washer Jets

Ford Motorsport sticker on a vauhaul

HKS sticker on a nova

6 x 4" exhausts hanging out of a corsa leaving little or no back pressure

Hub cap spinners

Half assed bodykit fitted by self, painted with spraycans.

That is what i class as a max car. I go to a lot of cruises, all the shows and everything i can. Max power definately has a following. it is definately made for a wide range of people. But i still remember why i used to buy max power when i was 14 - TITS. plain and simple.

As i have grown up and seen what they are doing to the scene it makes me apreciate them less.

what will this company do then ??

Well **** the fact i have a magazine launch on the 12th of feb, but basicaly i have become the head of a conglomerate of some of the best modifiying companies in the uk. The bodyshop has numerous quality cars. they predominanly work in metal rather than cheating and using fibreglass for 90% of bodywork.

A re-trimmer that presently has contracts with Maclaren for trimming their F1 car seats as well as the Mac F1 road cars when needed. He has AC cobras sent over from the states to be trimmed! as well as a constant flow of new Aston martins from owners who think the standard trimming is not good enough and want it done better. The graphics side of the company is taken car of by someone who has over 10 years in the industry and can supply us with anything from a banner to vinyl to graphic design. Trying to keep it all in house and costs down. my part in this is to represent all of the companies and also to ensure that all QA procedures are implimented etc. as well as organising for the shows etc etc liasing with magazines etc etc. i could go on but needless to say you will ask more questions.

so...whats it going to be doing ?

Trying to improve the standards in the industry. nobody propperly co-ordinates with each other. bodyshops dont know trimmers etc etc. where as the car can come in get stripped and all be done at once.

i guess you are talking re-trims, no need to be shy !

Yes for gold members. But if you can get a re-trim for £400 then it is more than likely using furniture leather. as a propper hide will cost well in excess of £120 each and will need 2-3 hides plus time etc. When you see my re-trim once they have done it you will understand how bad all the others are.

would love to view them, perhaps we can do a "show me yours and i will show you mine" evening

well done on your sponsership,

and you also have a lot of other companies, ? so what are they sponsering then?

They are sponsoring things from my car, to the run to the sun event, to organised "show and shine comps". As i need all the support i can get.

I am trying to do good for more than just myself. i want the streets safe as all of you do. but at least i am trying, ask yourself what are you doing? and complainging wont help. it will just drive em more underground and more will get hurt and die.

is there that much to understand ?

unless its a concours event, then surely it comes under the same criteria as normal modding, which of course would involve the best and worst cases of modding,

There is a lot to understand, on the surface it seems easy. but there are so many things to consider. Looking at trends in the states and trying to inovate without becoming tacky is a big thing.

really , so if you gold plated a whole car it would look good !!

its not about throwing money at a car, its about carrying out tasteful modifications, and having a respect for the vehicle in question

see money cant buy you class, it cant even buy you taste

Each to their own, personaly i wouldnt have it. never said i would. I personaly am having Connaly leather put into my car. Prefer class that speaks for itsself rather than having to shout about it. Plus they dont put gucci in a Rolls, maybe in a maybach tho :D

difference in pauls nos and the chavs nos, is that pauls works !

a dream is what it is to most,

True, what i was trying to reflect is the fact that we all want the same things, cars to go faster. be you a chav or a mature adult. How can you say that one thing is chav if put in a nova and not in a lexus. it all applies accross the board.

your community, ........which are who exactly ?

bluewater, is that not the typical max power meet ?

My comunity, well that extends from where i live and the people that live around areas that are effected by badly modified cars tearing about. To the people that i consider my friends via car clubs. there are hundreds of people that this extends to. therefore a comunity.

As for bluewater being a max power meet, did LOC not have some very successful meets there? yes we did! As for it being a max power meet - no more than every other location that LOC have held a meet. Macdonalds car park is more max power in my opinion.

erm....still dont know what you are doing, so why would i want to call them up?

yes its the internet, so wouldnt take much to find out who they were !

The fact is im not refering to people here, but there are others in this world that are trying to find out what i am doing. There are other things out there than LOC.

And the people that are there can be very "funny" if they find out you are doing things behind their back so to speak.

sounds like a great plan, making money out of the social side of modding

so how about some examples of what you do, unless of course you would like it to remain hidden from all our eyes, this SOCIAL thing of yours

My money will come in via all the work that is undertaken via the bodyshop etc, promotions and many other avenues.

The social side of modding is when people pull together to help, like how there are about 30-40 people coming together to create legal events. to try and promote safety over style. Educating people about what is and isnt bad when it comes to cars.

Its hard work, as there are so many opinionated people with which to do battle. Southend now has a monthly legal event where they shut off the front and hold a policed event that has made everything so much safer. Its so easy to criticise - but so difficult to actualy do something. im not even hoping to have made a marked improvement for at least a year as i think it will take this long for people to understand. but we have plans to involve many different forms of media to help educate

I realy do hope this clears things up. If you realy do think that professional retrims are such a bad idea then maybe i can withdraw my support from LOC and anyone that wants such help.

Again its easy to sit on the fence and complain!

v6zxi i fully understand what you are saying.

I have been to several peaceful cruises where i have personaly seen staff writers try and coax people into doing burnouts etc when there was never any attention of doing them in the first place.

They want people not to be persicuted yet they re-enforce the steriotype image of people doing bad things in print!

who would want a gucci interior anyway? :wacko:

the Vibe thing's going ahead now is it? when i spoke to carl, the MD of vibe, someone i used to work for and a mate he had no idea as to what i was talking about when i mentioned your install. vibe stuff is good equipment and they are a big company, thats why i arranged the discount for goldies.

gotta say, this is one of the most bizarre threads i've ever read!!

another thing about max muppets tho, arent they the type who mod their car and not declare their mods?

iain something is the guy from vibe, will Pm you his email address and th conformation. The previous deal was through LMC and not directly under my name. but that dropped when i dropped the company who were gonna undertake all of the body mods. When i realised i was gonna set this up i couldnt stay with them as the contract run for 1 year.

what will this company do then ??

Well **** the fact i have a magazine launch on the 12th of feb, but basicaly i have become the head of a conglomerate of some of the best modifiying companies in the uk. The bodyshop has numerous quality cars. they predominanly work in metal rather than cheating and using fibreglass for 90% of bodywork.

A re-trimmer that presently has contracts with Maclaren for trimming their F1 car seats as well as the Mac F1 road cars when needed. He has AC cobras sent over from the states to be trimmed! as well as a constant flow of new Aston martins from owners who think the standard trimming is not good enough and want it done better. The graphics side of the company is taken car of by someone who has over 10 years in the industry and can supply us with anything from a banner to vinyl to graphic design. Trying to keep it all in house and costs down. my part in this is to represent all of the companies and also to ensure that all QA procedures are implimented etc. as well as organising for the shows etc etc liasing with magazines etc etc. i could go on but needless to say you will ask more questions.

so...whats it going to be doing ?

Trying to improve the standards in the industry. nobody propperly co-ordinates with each other. bodyshops dont know trimmers etc etc. where as the car can come in get stripped and all be done at once.

i guess you are talking re-trims, no need to be shy !

Yes for gold members. But if you can get a re-trim for £400 then it is more than likely using furniture leather. as a propper hide will cost well in excess of £120 each and will need 2-3 hides plus time etc. When you see my re-trim once they have done it you will understand how bad all the others are.

would love to view them, perhaps we can do a "show me yours and i will show you mine" evening

well done on your sponsership,

and you also have a lot of other companies, ? so what are they sponsering then?

They are sponsoring things from my car, to the run to the sun event, to organised "show and shine comps". As i need all the support i can get.

I am trying to do good for more than just myself. i want the streets safe as all of you do. but at least i am trying, ask yourself what are you doing? and complainging wont help. it will just drive em more underground and more will get hurt and die.

is there that much to understand ?

unless its a concours event, then surely it comes under the same criteria as normal modding, which of course would involve the best and worst cases of modding,

There is a lot to understand, on the surface it seems easy. but there are so many things to consider. Looking at trends in the states and trying to inovate without becoming tacky is a big thing.

really , so if you gold plated a whole car it would look good !!

its not about throwing money at a car, its about carrying out tasteful modifications, and having a respect for the vehicle in question

see money cant buy you class, it cant even buy you taste

Each to their own, personaly i wouldnt have it. never said i would. I personaly am having Connaly leather put into my car. Prefer class that speaks for itsself rather than having to shout about it. Plus they dont put gucci in a Rolls, maybe in a maybach tho  :D

difference in pauls nos and the chavs nos, is that pauls works !

a dream is what it is to most,

True, what i was trying to reflect is the fact that we all want the same things, cars to go faster. be you a chav or a mature adult. How can you say that one thing is chav if put in a nova and not in a lexus. it all applies accross the board.

your community, ........which are who exactly ?

bluewater, is that not the typical max power meet ?

My comunity, well that extends from where i live and the people that live around areas that are effected by badly modified cars tearing about. To the people that i consider my friends via car clubs. there are hundreds of people that this extends to. therefore a comunity.

As for bluewater being a max power meet, did LOC not have some very successful meets there? yes we did! As for it being a max power meet - no more than every other location that LOC have held a meet. Macdonalds car park is more max power in my opinion.

erm....still dont know what you are doing, so why would i want to call them up?

yes its the internet, so wouldnt take much to find out who they were !

The fact is im not refering to people here, but there are others in this world that are trying to find out what i am doing. There are other things out there than LOC.

And the people that are there can be very "funny" if they find out you are doing things behind their back so to speak.

sounds like a great plan, making money out of the social side of modding

so how about some examples of what you do, unless of course you would like it to remain hidden from all our eyes, this SOCIAL thing of yours

My money will come in via all the work that is undertaken via the bodyshop etc, promotions and many other avenues.

The social side of modding is when people pull together to help, like how there are about 30-40 people coming together to create legal events. to try and promote safety over style. Educating people about what is and isnt bad when it comes to cars.

Its hard work, as there are so many opinionated people with which to do battle. Southend now has a monthly legal event where they shut off the front and hold a policed event that has made everything so much safer. Its so easy to criticise - but so difficult to actualy do something. im not even hoping to have made a marked improvement for at least a year as i think it will take this long for people to understand. but we have plans to involve many different forms of media to help educate

I realy do hope this clears things up. If you realy do think that professional retrims are such a bad idea then maybe i can withdraw my support from LOC and anyone that wants such help.

Again its easy to sit on the fence and complain!

looks like you have covered every point there! company sounds great!!!!!! :D

....looks like you need this job, what with all this free time to write all these essay's :hehe: :P

currently signed off for 2 weeks at the min. otherwise i wouldnt have the time at all to respond to this.

Normal day consists of 8am start of construction project management job, 6pm finish - start meetings etc for www.g-ridez.com and finish all work/research etc at 12-2am. start normal job again etc etc etc.

Will be a while before i can call it my full job tho. Gotta try and live your dreams, dont want to end up old and bitter

know what you mean about living your dreams...... im just about to pack my job in and start up my own business! fed up with taking crap, i hope my boss doesn't read this :shifty:

Good on you. There is no money to be made working for someone else. Keep going on it!!!