Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifications Discussion

TheDon

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

notice the sound side of modifying has gotten off light

order off the day seems to put a head unit that looks like blackpool coupled up with dustbin sized sub-woofers in the back

emphasis allways seems to be on how loud and how far the bass can be heard from

in my view sound is about quality, ;)

who is to say what is good and what is bad styling tho? i dont like some of the cars on LOC, some mods baffle me, others dont but if you like it thats fine, no matter what you do in life theres always people who knock ya for it.

i still dont get the ICE modding tho to be honest, especially in the IS, i think it has a great sound system just as it is.

i still dont get the ICE modding tho to be honest, especially in the IS, i think it has a great sound system just as it is.

Some could say that with performance... depends on what matters first.

I have (had) loud cars... i mean obnoxious loud!!!! but i wouldn't even attempt it in a Lex. Going for pure SQ in this one :)

But hey i'm biased... i run my own ICE distribution company so i have to have the best sounds :winky:

i am being realy careful not to ruin the lex's quality audio. just want something that will add to the system in harmony with whats there.

Personaly i hate what are termed "sound system bangers" where thats the only thing they have to offer. no engine, looks, or anything bar lots of speakers. Plus i wanna keep my boot space usable and not sacrifce it.

Wanna still be able to fit a set of golf clubs in there at least!

Im known in these here parts for speaking my mind, and Im proud of it, I operate 3 reputable businesses, and I am proud of our achievements, including Quality Assured ISO9001, Business Award Winners, European Accreditation etc etc.

I think, and Im pretty sure there are a few that think the same, that you are plugging services on this forum, without having any form of "Authorised Trader" status.

Authorised Trader Status is something you need to apply to the management for.

What I would like to know, is why a Moderator hasnt picked up on this .

Im not bothered directly by the fact that services are being plugged, just at the principle of it, as we, aswell as a few others, have to pay a fee to plug our wears on the forum, especially when you mention vinyl graphics and design, which means you have trod on my toes, and these toes have been paid for !

If you think that I am "spitting my dummy out" because you announce yourself as competition, then you are wrong. I love competition - because I know that our corporate structure is flexible enough to cope with competition, and can beat hands down any other on any level playing field. Incidentally - we are the ONLY company of our nature to have a quality assurance accreditation to ISO9001:2000, which is internationally recognised. I see that you are also going to be involved in the QA aspects of these companies, to what level I ask?

Plus, what I would like to know, as I am very interested, is why several if not loads of top class companies who have countless years of experience within their scope of expertise, would choose someone with limited experience effectively to "head-up" their organisations.

Im sure there will be alot of interest in your "services", and I wish you the very best of luck.

i am being realy careful not to ruin the lex's quality audio. just want something that will add to the system in harmony with whats there.

Quite the opposite. My standards on audio is high. stock system will probably please the majority... but in my world, its not the best out there.

My situations kind of different, as the Altezza is our company demo for this year.

Quite the opposite. My standards on audio is high. stock system will probably please the majority... but in my world, its not the best out there.

My situations kind of different, as the Altezza is our company demo for this year.

i agree, when i got my lex thought the audiio was amazing compared to other standard systems but still not enough for my liking!!!!!

sorry, i know what ya mean. What i was trying to say is i wanna keep a balance of quality without turning the car into purely a bass car.

Which is probably what your gonna do anyway. - sooo any good advise you can give will be apreciated!

As for the trader thing, well not being funny but i was questioned about what i am doing rather than "plugging".

If you noticed i was also trying to keep my ideas to myself - but when pushed and all that!

As for competition, well not trying to tread on your toes as im not looking to supply "stickers etc" as thats more to do with the bodyshop side of things. not realy for "re-sale".

As for why would they follow me, well why not! when you have an idea and are able to manage people then all is good. wont bother explaining myself anymore for fear of "plugging" myself.

Well the thing is you see,, I have an exam tomorrow, so I thought anything  but work :D

I know what its like! Its amazing how exciting the more routine trivial things can become when you have an exam the next day! :blush:

Good Luck! Sure you will do great! :D

Well the thing is you see,, I have an exam tomorrow, so I thought anything  but work :D

I know what its like! Its amazing how exciting the more routine trivial things can become when you have an exam the next day! :blush:

Good Luck! Sure you will do great! :D

Cheers mate. It's funny when you have exams cos u get the urge to take up all sorts of random hobbies that you would never normally dream of, and the internet becomes the best place in the world. I have to read and learn 160 pages in the next 3 hours- hmm sod it, I think I will just read the forums :D