Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Fire Hazard


SHAHZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is doing the rounds....

This was received from a friend in the home insurance business.

> > > It is well worth reading.

> > >

> > > This is one of those emails that if you didn't send it, rest

> > > assured someone on your list will suffer for not reading it.

> > > The original message was written by a lady whose brother and his

> > > wife learned a hard lesson this past week.

> > >

> > > Their house burned down.... nothing left but ashes.

> > > They have good insurance so the home will be replaced and most of

> > > the contents.

> > >

> > > That is the good news. However, they were sick when they found

> > > out

the

> > > cause of the fire.

> > >

> > > The insurance investigator sifted through the ashes for several

hours.

> He

> > > had the cause of the fire traced to the master bathroom.

> > >

> > > He asked her sister-in-law what she had plugged in the bathroom.

> > > She listed the normal things....curling iron, blow dryer.

> > > He kept saying to her, "No, this would be something that would

> > > disintegrate at high temperatures".

> > >

> > > Then her sister-in-law remembered she had a Glade Plug-In in the

> > > bathroom.

> > >

> > > The investigator had one of those "Aha" moments. He said that was

> > > the cause of the fire. He said he has seen more home fires

> > > started with

the

> > > plug-in type room fresheners than

> > > anything else.

> > >

> > > He said the plastic they are made from is a THIN plastic. He also

> > > said that in every case there was nothing left to prove that it

> > > even existed.

> > >

> > > When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the two prongs

> > > left

from

> > > the plug-in were still in there.

> > >

> > > Her sister-in-law had one of the plug-ins that had a small night

> > > light built in it.

> > > She said she had noticed that the light would dim and then finally

> > > go

> out.

> > > She would walk into the bathroom a few hours later, and the light

would

> be

> > > back on again. The investigator said that the unit was getting too

hot,

> > > and would dim

> > > and go out rather than just blow the light bulb.

> > >

> > > Once it cooled down it would come on. That is a warning sign. The

> > > investigator said he personally wouldn't have any type of plug in

> > > fragrance device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many homes

> > > that have been burnt down due to them.

> > >

> > >

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This is doing the rounds....

This was received from a friend in the home insurance  business.

> > > It is well worth reading.

> > >

> > > This is one of those emails that if you didn't send it, rest

> > > assured someone on your list will suffer for not reading it.

> > > The original message was written by a lady whose brother and his

> > > wife learned a hard lesson this past week.

> > >

> > > Their house burned down.... nothing left but ashes.

> > > They have good insurance so the home will be replaced  and most of

> > > the contents.

> > >

> > > That is the good news.  However, they were sick  when they found

> > > out

the

> > > cause of  the fire.

> > >

> > > The insurance investigator sifted through the ashes for several

hours.

> He

> > > had the cause of the fire traced to the master bathroom.

> > >

> > > He asked her sister-in-law what she had plugged in the bathroom.

> > > She listed the normal things....curling iron, blow dryer.

> > > He kept saying to her, "No, this would be something that would

> > > disintegrate at high temperatures".

> > >

> > > Then her sister-in-law  remembered she had a Glade Plug-In in the

> > > bathroom.

> > >

> > > The investigator had  one of those "Aha" moments. He said that was

> > > the cause of the fire. He  said he has seen more home fires

> > > started with

the

> > > plug-in type room fresheners than

> > > anything else.

> > >

> > > He said the plastic they are made from is a THIN  plastic. He also

> > > said that in every case there was nothing left to prove that it

> > > even existed.

> > >

> > > When the investigator looked in the wall plug,  the two prongs

> > > left

from

> > > the plug-in were still in there.

> > >

> > > Her sister-in-law  had one of the plug-ins that had a small night

> > > light built in it.

> > > She said she had noticed that the light would dim and then finally

> > > go

> out.

> > > She would walk into the bathroom a few hours later, and the light

would

> be

> > > back on again. The investigator said that the unit was getting too

hot,

> > > and would dim

> > > and go out rather than just blow the light bulb.

> > >

> > > Once it cooled down it would come on. That is a warning sign. The

> > > investigator said he personally wouldn't have any type of plug in

> > > fragrance device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many homes

> > > that have been burnt down due to them.

> > >

> > >

Your right about this but leaving your mobile on charge all night is just as dangerous. TVs left on standby cause loads of fires each year as well as loads of other electrical things. Best bet is to get a smoke detector ( or 5 ) and invite your local Fire Brigade around for a home risk assesment. They'll fit them for you free with the bill picked up by Tony Blair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership