Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ice Install Solve

Well finally only took Ukahn ( Blu) 10mins to identify all wires by pass oem amp and a couple of hours last night to install a full working %100 install. Consits of Kenwood fold away motorised tv system and xbox. Amp and sub. A job well done. I would say a job i could not be more pleased with professionally done.

A question i have seen asked on so many forums and no one could help. How to install an aftermarket system in the Is200 SE sport and use all factory fitted spekers? :excl::excl: For those of you who are still having problems getting this done and having audio shops rip u off telling you that rear 6X9 will need to be change thats a load :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: of crap. :zee: just give Ukahn a call he can sought it out :zee:

no they are not, thats the issue. The rear 6x9s are two seperate speakers, the woofer being 2 ohms and the tweet being 4 ohms. Thats why you can have problems driving the original speakers if you are using the headunit amps or amps which are not 2 ohm stable. The resulting overload can blow the amp... so its not just simply using the existing wiring/speakers.

no they are not, thats the issue. The rear 6x9s are two seperate speakers, the woofer being 2 ohms and the tweet being 4 ohms. Thats why you can have problems driving the original speakers if you are using the headunit amps or amps which are not 2 ohm stable. The resulting overload can blow the amp...  so its not just simply using the existing wiring/speakers.

And using an amp with buit in cross overs am sure does the trick

Err.. what does built in cross overs have to do with the loading? That means you can run the drivers 'actively' rather than using a 'passive' crossover. The amp would still need to be 2 ohm stable to drive the woofers, or could result in overloading

Parametric EQ is what you want on horns. They have a sensitive Q range, hence why parametric might be the better option to give you adjustement for wide or narrow... although wide is what you will be using alot of with Horns ;)