Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Used Car Valuation.

Bob King

I see one of the major online valuation companies have added an extra price to its line up, along with the main dealer price they now have an independent dealer price, which can only be good news, as up to now independent prices have been very close to main dealers ... i've used my car as an example below

Lexus IS Saloon :) .

2.0 SE 4d Auto 2000/X

Average mileage: 40,000 miles

Cost New ('00) ........£ 21200

Franchised Dealer .... £ 12350

Independent Dealer .. £ 11775

Private Good ............ £ 11195

Private Poor .............. £ 8685

Part Exchange ............ £ 9940

i hate to tell you mate, I have a 2000 X SE (manual) with 40K in very good condition, and from talking to dealers, i'd be lucky to get £8500.

Private, i dont think it'd reach £10k in all honesty..

I asked the dealer when I was in there earlier today how much they'd give me as a p/ex and they offered £10900

Btw its for a 2002 '02' SE Auto Navigator, 25K miles :ohmy:

I've come to terms with the fact ,i'm now going to keep my car for a few years , so it can deprecate as much as it likes !, its still one of the best cars in its class on the road today B) , and i'm sure other brands are loosing money just as quickly...if not quicker :) .

• 7 months later...
I see one of the major online  valuation companies have added an extra price to its line up, along with the main dealer price they now have  an independent dealer price, which can only be good news, as up to now independent prices have been very close to main dealers ... i've used my car as an example below

Lexus IS Saloon  :) .

2.0 SE 4d Auto  2000/X

Average mileage:  40,000 miles 

Cost New ('00)  ........£ 21200

Franchised Dealer .... £ 12350

Independent Dealer .. £ 11775

Private Good ............ £ 11195

Private Poor .............. £ 8685

Part Exchange ............ £ 9940

No longer have my car, but this is an update on how used IS200 prices are going, over a 7 month period ;) .

Franchised Dealer .... £ 10270

Independent Dealer .. £ 9790

Private Good ............ £ 9310

Private Poor ............. £ 7220

Part Exchange .......... £ 8265

Ive took mine to a few dealers ie ford, renault and a couple of private dealers and by just taking my word that its in very good condition, the trade in price they offer me is between £4700 and £5000 never any more!

its an is200 se W reg dark grey with 70k on the clock.

Im shocked as i only bought the car 8 months ago from a private dealer for £9000. :ohmy:

Ive took mine to a few dealers ie ford, renault and a couple of private dealers and by just taking my word that its in very good condition, the trade in price they offer me is between £4700 and £5000 never any more!

its an is200 se W reg dark grey with 70k on the clock.

Im shocked as i only bought the car 8 months ago from a private dealer for £9000. :ohmy:

They work on a about a £2k profit margin though. So effectively the dealer bought it for 7, sold to you at 9 so the garage who would buy it would expect/like to mark the car up at say between 6-7k which is still flippin low mind! : :crybaby: