Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anti Hi Jack Systems

BESTY

hi lads,and lasses,i went to my local car audio place today to check out some anti hijack systems.

the first is a device thast has a chipped flat key that stays in your pocket,if some one nicks your car it will slow down and cut out in a very short time. 200 quid fitted.

the second is a fuel relay device that you control by a small keyfob that has a pin number to put in everytime you start the car,if someone takes the car with the keys in,when they swith it off it wont start again until the correct code is entered,170 quid fitted.

the third is a gps system that you control with your mobile ,you can tell track your car and tell it to slow down ,stop,close windows and so on,only any good if your car is not underground etc,must be in satalite recieption,500 quid fitted.

i was quite impressed by these ,but dont know which to get,what do you lot think.

cheers. :winky:

i like the sound of the gps gadget dave. i wouldnt have thought there'd be much need for you to get an anti hijack device up where you are tho mate, unless you're frequenting some very dodgy areas?

im just sticking with locking my doors and being vigilant whilst in manchester!

i like the sound of the gps gadget dave. i wouldnt have thought there'd be much need for you to get an anti hijack device up where you are tho mate, unless you're frequenting some very dodgy areas?

im just sticking with locking my doors and being vigilant whilst in manchester!

i just thought for the little cost of the first two it might be worth while ,yeh when i`m in the dodgy areas of your land :P

anyway i`m skint so it`ll have to wait even if i decide to get one. :crybaby:

"other" anti theft devices (funny)

I like the sound of the GPS one, would be good if you could lock them in the car (maybe a nice small canister of nos to vent into the cabin to make them less of a threat when you get there to beat their head in with a bat!

Besty i think you should get ALL 3 fitted, to stay on the safe side.  :P

all three plus big paul ,safe as houses :lol:

and if you get pete 'warhead' jenkin on alert 5 ready to launch at a moments notice you'll be totally covered dave :lol:

Besty i think you should get ALL 3 fitted, to stay on the safe side.  :P

all three plus big paul ,safe as houses :lol:

and if you get pete 'warhead' jenkin on alert 5 ready to launch at a moments notice you'll be totally covered dave :lol:

:lol: he`ll be on alert five if he sees this :lol:

A useful "mod" or something for people with Sat Nav would be for one to track the car simply because it has a Sat Nav receiver already built in.

I mean, why not? Surely it sends out a "unique ID" of some sort. The GPS knows where the car is, so we should be able to track a car based on that?

One for Prolex to look at... :huh:

but doesnt GPS work out its location based on triangulation or something. satalites in preset positions? i dont think that the sat nav registers with teh satalites themselves just measuring the strength of the signal or somethin.

not sure how you could back trace that signal

GPS systems do calculate position based on signal strength to particlular satellites in geostationary positions. Its a very lower power signal, and your GPS 'receiver' in your satnav does not output anything to be recieved. The original Tracker Monitor was based on radio signals, and used triangulaion to calculate position. I think the new Horizon system uses GPS signals to calculate its position then trasmits this data via radio wave to Tracker control.

. The original Tracker Monitor was based on radio signals, and used triangulaion to calculate position. I think the new Horizon system uses GPS signals to calculate its position then trasmits this data via radio wave to Tracker control.

Correct. :)