Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had My Wheel Alignment Done Today

johnboy

Speak to Tony first guys as each wheel alignment takes about an hour and you wouldn't want to be dissapointed if he turned some of you away,im sure if you planned well ahead he might even do a multiple booking for the day.  :D

Reminds me i have to go as well to get the fine tuning done.  :)

Thanks for that Scorpion, i was getting a bit worried.. i think we could do this??

lets go for a geometry health check up day for "FREE"! arrange the meet for a saturday and come for a "test only" that takes subject to conversation about 30 min. there can be no adjustments because of the time limitation, but any geometry issues can be highlighted, where you go from there is up to you? but not on that day..we know that Lexus has a total of seven adjustments, and for LOC i set a charge of £25= test and a payment for one adjustment, even if all seven need to be set. but in fairness to stapletons i need to increase this to £25=test and a payment for two adjustments @ £16.50 each, the other five are done for free, the fine tuning including adjustments are free, i needed to make this clear so you all know what any future costs my be.

So lets make it happen, a free day with me, free geometry test and print out, compare the reports and have a club meet, one draw back is this, i must be able to see the top of the tyre? reason being the camaras brace on the tyre, if the car is lowerd then i cannot do the job "you've been warned" Scorpion can give you the best advice on who can, and who can't benifit.

"Scorpion" the fine tuning for your car is a one on one appiontment and somewhat personal, meaning just you, me and the IS.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak to Tony first guys as each wheel alignment takes about an hour and you wouldn't want to be dissapointed if he turned some of you away,im sure if you planned well ahead he might even do a multiple booking for the day.  :D

Thanks for that Scorpion, i was getting a bit worried.. i think we could do this??

lets go for a geometry health check up day for "FREE"! arrange the meet for a saturday and come for a "test only" that takes subject to conversation about 30 min. there can be no adjustments because of the time limitation, but any geometry issues can be highlighted, where you go from there is up to you? but not on that day..we know that Lexus has a total of seven adjustments, and for LOC i set a charge of £25= test and a payment for one adjustment, even if all seven need to be set. but in fairness to stapletons i need to increase this to £25=test and a payment for two adjustments @ £16.50 each, the other five are done for free, the fine tuning including adjustments are free, i needed to make this clear so you all know what any future costs my be.

So lets make it happen, a free day with me, free geometry test and print out, compare the reports and have a club meet, one draw back is this, i must be able to see the top of the tyre? reason being the camaras brace on the tyre, if the car is lowerd then i cannot do the job "you've been warned" Scorpion can give you the best advice on who can, and who can't benifit.

Scorpion the fine tuning for your car is a one on one appiontment and somewhat personal.

Woooohoooo..........a club meet at stapletons. :D

Will get in touch soon about my set up Tony,as i've been busy lately.

Thanks.

"Scorpion" the fine tuning for your car is a one on one appiontment and somewhat personal, meaning just you, me and the IS.

oh ! how big are the cameras,

can kinda see the top of the tyre, but have to duck down a bit :crying:

fronts ok ....i think

if i can find a picture maybe you could advise

oh ! how big are the cameras,

can kinda see the top of the tyre, but have to duck down a bit :crying:

fronts ok ....i think

if i can find a picture maybe you could advise

How low is yours Barrie :question:

I would say any lower than -40 then its impossible. :)

They should be o.k Barrie.  :)

The cameras sit at about "5 to and 5 past" and are about ten mill high, Scorpion can give the best "can do, cant do" opinion.

Lets go for it! a club meet, Free geometry check, it will be nice to see all of us face to face and conclude some geometry issuses at the same time.

WHAT A GOOD NEWS.......

Can I join in, as I have been looking for ages to do mind and I only can think of toyota garage itself.

But one question, is it better to fit my adj suspension on first before the test or fit them after.

They should be o.k Barrie.  :)

The cameras sit at about "5 to and 5 past" and are about ten mill high, Scorpion can give the best "can do, cant do" opinion.

Lets go for it! a club meet, Free geometry check, it will be nice to see all of us face to face and conclude some geometry issuses at the same time.

sounds cool

but what sort of time/mileage should be done before the checks are done , after fitting new coilovers

I would be coming from Leeds

so a check only without adjustment isnt realy viable for me :(

will have to arrange a seperate time I guess

i understand that? maybe any feed back will help you up in Leeds..

I dont have faith in anyone up in Leeds being able to adjust my cars settings, on my last car 3 garages couldnt even get my car on the ramp, most didnt have the right equipment to do 4 wheel laser alignment and I just didnt feel that any of them had any idea what to do anyway.

Word of mouth goes along way these days Tony

I dont have faith in anyone up in Leeds being able to adjust my cars settings, on my last car 3 garages couldnt even get my car on the ramp, most didnt have the right equipment to do 4 wheel laser alignment and I just didnt feel that any of them had any idea what to do anyway.

Just as well your in the GS now Brett coz your IS wouldn't get on Tonys ramps. :D

think ill still come mid week tony cos i defo need some adjustments, cars pulling to the left, then i can come back at a later date for some fine tuning. the meet idea is a great idea tho!

Just as well your in the GS now Brett coz your IS wouldn't get on Tonys ramps. :D

sad to say i do have some limitations with the ramp? best advice is "if you can see the top of the tyre then your safe" a club meet and free geometry set would be an interesting day, i hope we can pull this off, it would be nice to meet the person behind the print...

bugger so you cannot cater for slightly lower than a gnats knacker cars

looking at the height of your car? i would be easier to lower the world than try to lift the car....lol, thing is some will be able to benifit and sadly some not, even if your tooooo low it can still be a good day out and maybe a geometry day with questions answered will be of interest, tyre wear, alignment, geometry, handling, wheels size, coilovers, arb's are an ongoing subject so a collaborated effort with a geometry meet may benifit future advice? and help with immediate problems, the date i will leave up to you all to decide.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links