Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Bodykit Help

Hi ppl,

I need some help with replacing the beading for my trd bodykit. I have a red IS and the grey beading installed by lexus (woodford) looks very naff, especially on a red car. The beading is overlapping/over spilling on the top edge of the skirts etc...

I know that the kit is just held on with bolts so I should be able to refit it myself :tomato: can anyone suggest something else to seal the edge?? even black beading would be an improvement over grey? Does anyone know where the rubber beading can be purchased - as I could try spryaing it red and then apply it.

thanks in advance.

The double sided stuff? Yeah could do... so long as there is a consistent seal along the edge.  By the way does it matter is water gets through?? it should seep out the bottom ?

yep water will drain out the bottom no problem

Hi Baza,

I asked Chris and he has some stuff called sycaflex on his... appranetly that stuff is not easy to apply.. so I thought Id give it a miss. I think the main problem is that they have exposed too much beading - basically not a very good install by lexus however, they say they have done a good job and its as it should be. I may just clean up and spray the current beading and re-apply.

Sylkaflex is a paintable body sealent, also used to bond glass.

i use it all the time

it makes a mess, sticks to everything and takes ages to get off.............but is good, However i wouldnt use it on car paintwork........not if there was a chance i may ever want to remove the said stuck item

Sylkaflex is a paintable body sealent, also used to bond glass.

i use it all the time

it makes a mess, sticks to everything and takes ages to get off.............but is good, However i wouldnt use it on car paintwork........not if there was a chance i may ever want to remove the said stuck item

Seems a bit too hardcore for my bondage needs! :lol:

I may try calling a glazing company though... or go down to a local bodyshop see if they have any ideas.

Found this http://www.vikingtapes.co.uk/adhesive7.htm

3M weatherban Ribbon sealant - anyone used this product (SCIS340?) seems like it may do the job.

not used it personally but defo looks like it will do the job, remeber though once its on..................its on!

Hi Baza,

I asked Chris and he has some stuff called sycaflex on his... appranetly that stuff is not easy to apply.. so I thought Id give it a miss. I think the main problem is that they have exposed too much beading - basically not a very good install by lexus however, they say they have done a good job and its as it should be. I may just clean up and spray the current beading and re-apply.

The install is correct mate, i thought the same thing when i had mine done, but after looking at styling kits on the forecourt they are exactly the same. My kit did have black beading for the skirts but grey for the rear bumper which i find strange but as i said is the same as others.

Yeah the install is correct (not sure about the extent to which the rubber bead is visible though) but just looks odd as it doesnt blend ... it looks like its bolted on by some 17 year old...

I think black will improve things a little.. i may try getting the stuff suggested in the link or the 3M stuff.