Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do I Emty The Washer Bottle?

May sound like a silly question but I keep getting smears on the windscreen when I spray it !! I have PIAA wipers which are just fine when it's raining but if I try to clean the screen I get smears. I think I have probably put either some grotty washer fluid in or maybe too much RainX additive ( as I had this on the screen as well ) !! I have tried cleaning the screen down with meths but that hasn't fixed it so I think it's gotta be the washer fluid.

I know I can sit with my finger on the button for about 20 minutes, is there a quicker way ?

best way is as follows:

1. Wait for a really dry day when you get a little bit of mud and crap on the windscreen from the cars travelling in the opposite direction.

2. Use your wipers to smudge it across your windscreen therefore obliterating your view of the road ahead.

3. Then and only then turn your washer jets on, then you will find your washer bottle is completely empty of any form of liquid.

:lol:

yea, if you take the bumper off theres a metal ring clip thing just right of centre, just take that off and see it all come ****** out.

In fact you could probably do it with the bumper on but it would get messy!

I have the sport so no headlamp washers, nice idea though. After I have had my lunch I am going to try to look for a junction somewhere, if I can't find one then I am going to see if I can get a plastic tube in to syphon it ........

on the waher bottle on the sport your headlight washer pipe should be plugged remove the plug and the water should drain out.............feed a hose in the top and then you should be able to wash the bottle out

Well I tried to syphon it out and got mouthfulls of the stuf but it wouldn't stay running, had to swill my mouth with the hose.

Undid a few of the bolts holding the undertray and got to the cap on the front where the headlamp washers would feed from. Remobed the clip ...... and dropped it somewhere :( .... wiggled the cap and the fluis dtarting running :) let it empty with the help of the motor and flushed it a few times. Thats the easy bit.

Put the cap back on and tried to find the clip :( wripped hands and about an hour later having virtually dropped the undertray no sign of it. Gave up, put it back together, put some washer fluid in, filled with water, started the motor and it didn't pop the cap :)

Tried the washers and wipers and smears still :( Put some of that foam car window cleaner on for removing traffic film, twice, still smaering, meths, still smearing. Put new wipers on and it stil smears :( :(

I give up :(

Any dlues or ideas anyone, please ?

Well I tried to syphon it out and got mouthfulls of the stuf but it wouldn't stay running, had to swill my mouth with the hose.

Undid a few of the bolts holding the undertray and got to the cap on the front where the headlamp washers would feed from. Remobed the clip ...... and dropped it somewhere :( .... wiggled the cap and the fluis dtarting running :) let it empty with the help of the motor and flushed it a few times. Thats the easy bit.

Put the cap back on and tried to find the clip :( wripped hands and about an hour later having virtually dropped the undertray no sign of it. Gave up, put it back together, put some washer fluid in, filled with water, started the motor and it didn't pop the cap :)

Tried the washers and wipers and smears still :( Put some of that foam car window cleaner on for removing traffic film, twice, still smaering, meths, still smearing. Put new wipers on and it stil smears :( :(

After all that.....have you cleaned the blades on the wipers.

After all that.....have you cleaned the blades on the wipers.

said he had ;)

sounds like the rain x is a problem

try the old fashioned diluted vinegar and newspaper method

Yes I cleaned the PIAA blades and the new ones ( all shouldn't be needed on new ones ), I'll see how it goes on the way to work tomorrow. If it still the same I'll have to scrub the screen !!

Hopefully it'll rain and I can drive at 50 mph and see if the rain flushes from the screen, if it does then I know there is still rainX on there.