Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

100k Service / Inspection

Hi,

I have just registered on here as am collecting a V reg !S200SE from an independant trader on wednesday. The vehicle has done 98k.

The car has Lexus service history up to about 80k and an an unknown independant interim service around 90k. The car appears to be in good condition but its an unknown so would like it inspecting and getting a 100k service to put my mind at rest.

I would like to get the car looked over buy someone reputable ie a Lexus Dealer. At the same time i am slightly concerened about spiralling costs. I believe that this service will include a cam belt.

Could anyone give me any advice, indication of costs, places to go. I am happy to pay the dealer for the service and inspection but dont want to throw money away if simple servieable items could be done elsewhere cheaper.

I would greatly appreciate some help!

Regards

Richard

Nottingham

hello richard and welcome, to be honest for the 100k, i personally would get it done by the dealer, as you will get the stamp, and the peace of mind that it was done by those that should know what there doing.

i would recomend Lexus Leicester

hello richard and welcome, to be honest for the 100k, i personally would get it done by the dealer, as you will get the stamp, and the peace of mind that it was done by those that should know what there doing.

i would recomend Lexus Leicester

Thanks for the response. What are your reasons for choosing leicester. I dont mind driving there. Are they cheaper or better etc! Are there price variations say between leicester and notts?

What do you expect this general service to cost? Is there a way of initially having an inspection?

I have just sold a civic type r on an 03 as was putting to much mileage on it so went for the lexus for a bit of spec......I didnt really bother thinking about service costs until now :crybaby:

Cheers Mate!

i say use leicester as they have nothing but rave reviews.........your gold discount would be applicable there, they will ask to see your membership card.

it does however pay to phone around for the best quote, i think your membership pack could be with you in a week :unsure: .....

the main thing to make sure is done on your 100k service is the cambelt, which i had done on my 100k service last year and used lexus stockport. i've not had any probs with my car other than a few snapped bolts which had rusted, nothing serious at all.

welcome to loc mate! going gold is worth it just for the savings on services alone.

the main thing to make sure is done on your 100k service is the cambelt, which i had done on my 100k service last year and used lexus stockport. i've not had any probs with my car other than a few snapped bolts which had rusted, nothing serious at all.

welcome to loc mate! going gold is worth it just for the savings on services alone.

What the price or bottom line on a 100k service inc cam belt and coolant!? :duh:

the cost of my service, including cambelt and mot was less than £350, can't remember the exact price but it was better than i expected.

I have contacted nottingham Lexus and they informed me that a 100K service with cam belt is £650. Does this sound steep?

Im not sure of the breakdown of cost between and belt and service. Im guessing about £180 for the belt from what ive read. I would be happy to get a non lexus mechanic to do the belt as long as there are no real issues with this.

Any opnions?

Appreciating the feedback. Thanks.

maybe im wrong mate, i dont remember it being that expensive though, it was only a year ago but seems like several!

you could always ask for a breakdown of costs and compare that with other dealers?

I got an independent to change the belt, at least I know it was done. All the Lexus centres near me would probably miss the book and stamp the table cause they can't do **** all else right.

As has been said before, do you spend the extra $ everytime you have a service in the hope of retaining $1,500 of resale value? Either way and over time you are probably left on a pretty level playing field whatever you decide.

Just had my 100k done for $230 inc belt and tensioner.

Paid £310 at Lexus Reading last Summer for belt change alone.

100K service earlier in the year was around £300 from Lexus Bracknell.

I'd recommend Reading but not Bracknell.

Watch out for the "...your water pump needs changing as well and we shouldn't do the belt without the pump..." routine. :crybaby:

Bracknell wanted an extra £250 for water pump and labour, when Reading did the belt a few months later they charged me an extra £9 for replacement of some water pump O-ring seals!!! :angry:

I'd ask them to check the condition of not just brake pads (they'll do that for you in the service anyway) but disks as well. I've just had my front discs replaced at £350 - they'd done 115K miles so I figure it's pretty good value.

I looked into getting an independent to change the cambelt for me but the initially attractive price of £245 hid the fact it would not be a Lexus part and they didn't fill me with confidence that they knew what they were doing. For £60 extra I went to Lexus...

Hope this helps. :)

Paid £310 at Lexus Reading last Summer for belt change alone.

100K service earlier in the year was around £300 from Lexus Bracknell.

I'd recommend Reading but not Bracknell.

Watch out for the "...your water pump needs changing as well and we shouldn't do the belt without the pump..." routine. :crybaby:

Bracknell wanted an extra £250 for water pump and labour, when Reading did the belt a few months later they charged me an extra £9 for replacement of some water pump O-ring seals!!! :angry:

I'd ask them to check the condition of not just brake pads (they'll do that for you in the service anyway) but disks as well.  I've just had my front discs replaced at £350 - they'd done 115K miles so I figure it's pretty good value.

I looked into getting an independent to change the cambelt for me but the initially attractive price of £245 hid the fact it would not be a Lexus part and they didn't fill me with confidence that they knew what they were doing.  For £60 extra I went to Lexus...

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks. Thats interesting stuff. Potentially if a water pump is required thats a whole new ball game! Ive been given a contact for prolex-uk and intend to look into using them. They also use genuine parts.