Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is200 Next Year?

Does anyone know if the next IS200 will feature a diesel in the range? I think it really would be the icing on the cake for the range.

And also they need to tidy up the dash and modernise it - whilst everything else about the car has stood the test of time against the competition the dash still screams out Toyota amateurism.

Two pleas to make the IS200 perfection - what say everyone?

Does anyone know if the next IS200 will feature a diesel in the range? I think it really would be the icing on the cake for the range.

And also they need to tidy up the dash and modernise it - whilst everything else about the car has stood the test of time against the competition the dash still screams out Toyota amateurism.

Two pleas to make the IS200 perfection - what say everyone?

yes there will be a diesel :yack:

but there wont be an IS200 :winky:

Is anyone on here going to the Geneva Motor Show in March for a first peek at the new IS ?

I'm thinking of a day trip, return flight from Luton on Easyjet.

a few are going. check out this thread:-

here

An update taken from the Lexus site....

"The New Lexus IS - World First

The new Lexus IS has its world premiere at the Lexus press conference on 1 March at 12:15pm. The car will feature the first ever Lexus diesel engine. Pictures and information about the new car will be revealed at the time."

For those of you who haven't figured out the search feature yet, try this thread from just the other day, on the LS400/430 forum titled "New 2006 LS430".

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=19768

There's 2 piccys of the new IS, more or less "blessed" by those on this forum who seem to be "in the know". Also I found on the 'net very similar pics (but of a grey car) scanned from a Japanese car mag. Apologies I have inconveniently lost the link for that - :crybaby:

For my penny's worth, I think it looks b****y great, although the rear view looks a teensy bit too Mazda 6 for my liking. Nevertheless, I'm already trying to figure how soon I'd be able to afford a 2nd hand one (and I've only had my IS200 for a year..)

cheers y'all

For those of you who haven't figured out the search feature yet, try this thread from just the other day, on the  LS400/430 forum titled "New 2006 LS430".

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=19768

There's 2 piccys of the new IS, more or less "blessed" by those on this forum who seem to be "in the know". Also I found on the 'net very similar pics (but of a grey car) scanned from a Japanese car mag.

Thats strange! I heard that the grey and yellow IS 2005 picture is a photoshop of the BMW 6 series.Look at this and compare the side mirros and the roof shape.Its pretty obvious that the mirrors are BMW original,and the shape of the side windows are photoshop..The frontlights are from the Lexus ES 250.I do not thinks this is the real car.

2006_is.jpg

in_BMW_6_03.jpg

lexuses300.jpg

• 2 weeks later...