Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Youth Of Today!

Monster-Mat

Back when I was a kid...

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their long winded story's about how hard things were when they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning uphill both ways through year round blizzards carrying their younger siblings on their backs to their one-room school house where they maintained straight-A average despite their full-time after-school job at the local textile mill where they worked for 1 pound an hour just to help keep their family from starving to death.

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it. But.... now that I've reached the ripe old age of 33 I can't help but look around and notice the youth of

today. You've got it so freakin' easy. I mean, compared to my

childhood, you live in a damned castle. And I hate to say it, but you kids today don't know how good you've got it.

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet when we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damned library and look it up ourselves. And there was no e-mail. We had to actually write somebody a letter-with a pen and then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the freakin' mailbox and it would take like a week to get there.

And there were no MP3s or Napsters. If you wanted to steal music, you

had to go to the damned record store and shoplift it yourself. Or we had to wait

around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over

the beginning and screw it all up. Those were your options.

We didn't have fancy things like Call Waiting. If you were on the phone and

somebody else called, they got a busy signal. And we didn't have fancy

Caller ID boxes either. When the phone rang, you had no idea who it

was. It could be your boss, your mom, a collections agent, you didn't know. You just had to pick it up and take your chances, mister.

And we didn't have any fancy Game Cube video games with high-resolution, 3-D

graphics - we had the Atari 2600. And you could tell who the rich kids

were they had Intellivision (and eventually ColecoVision). We didn't have

Grand Theft Auto and Mortal Kombat ... we had games like"Space Invaders,"

"Pong Sports," and "Asteroids" - and the graphics sucked. Your guy was a

little square. And there were no multiple levels or screens - it was

just one screen ...forever. They didn't have any "How to Win at ... " books if

they did, "How to Win at Space Invaders" would be one line long - "Don't get

shot." And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and

faster until you died. Just like LIFE.

When you went to the movie theatre, there no such thing as luxury seating.

All the seats were the same height. If a tall guy sat in front of you, you

were screwed. And sure, we had cable television, but back then that was

only like 20 channels and there was no on screen menu. You had to use a

little book called a "TV Guide" to find out what was on. And there was no

Cartoon Network. You could only get cartoons on Saturday morning. D'ya hear

what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK, you spoilt little brats.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. You kids today have got it too

easy. You're spoilt, I swear to ***. You guys wouldn't last five

minutes back in 1984 :eek::eek::eek: :o :o :o

you cant really say that about all youth mate

my parents give us wotever we need if we ask as long as we work hard for it, and respect are parents. i been workin since i was 14 in the chippie, granted its not the most amazing job in the world but we make good living and i get paid my wages every week like every1 else, i work monday to friday 9.30am-2pm then 4-11pm.

i remember all the old games and some of them i play on emulators still, my 1st computer was a spectrum and had a commodore 64 with the C V and couple numbers missing and had to use matchsticks, i loved them games wen they eventually loaded from the tape player

i dress in armani versace <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=hugo%20boss%20clothes" onmouseover="window.status='hugo boss clothes'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">hugo boss clothes</a> and nothing else, i only wear <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=nike%20trainers" onmouseover="window.status='nike trainers'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">nike trainers</a> and yes i had a new IS 200 SE at 19. BUT i pay for everything, truth is my parents think im mad paying how much i do for clothes etc but as they say, its my money! and i respect and appreciate were it comes from

i've been in trouble, used to have fights left right and centre been in situations u wouldnt believe and i pulled through .maybe due to jealousy of others,racism and ignorance, i got threw it even though i sometimes wish i could just leave but i dnt belong here or in cyprus, here they tell me to **** off back to Greece (family is cypriot) and in cyprus the youths call me an english wowwypop. so wot **** am i supposed to do except chin up and do wot i do.

and doing wot i do and showing ppl aint gonna phase meis wot annoys ppl. the amount of jealousy and comments wen i got my Lexus was crazy

so not a rant at everyone that thinks everyone that was born in 80's-90's is a spoilt little *****, some of us respect ppl but hey, wotever we do they still see us as 'spoilt little bastards'

and in 1984 i was 2 but i bet i would sure as hell of lasted then if was older so sayin we all got it easy and would never last back in the day is unfair

im done

laters

i think the truth is that peeps start saying the youth of today have got it easy compared to 'back when i was a lad etc etc' because you cant keep up with technology and all the latest fads, you oldies cant even programme the dvd recorder :lol: and this interweb thingy to a lot of older peeps may as well be an alien lifeform :lol:

I remember when we got our first COLOUR television!... and when there was only three television channels - and they went off the air in the afternoon and at night... and you had to get out of your seat to change channel