Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Origin Blue i

Rodders_UK

This is a device that uses GPS to locate all fixed-location speed detectors in the UK.

It tells you where there are, and what kind they are to astonishing accuracy, using a 12-channel GPS receiver.

You can also get it to only report cameras that affect your direction of travel and only alert you if you're driving over the speed limit.

The kit comes complete with a modem so that you can download updates to camera locations on a regular basis.

If you find a camera that it doesn't know about, you hit a button and it gets reported to Origin on the next update. If you're the 1st to report it they pay you £50.

Costs £399, but there's 10% discount available to Gold members.

Easy to install and works perfectly - I'd recommend it!

I am not surprised to read your comments, I have read up on a few of these devices and this one seems by far the best. One feature that I like most (don't like anything sitting on my dashboard) is that a remote satellite receiving device is available to mount on the dashboard top and then just run the wire to the box of tricks. Have you fitted one? Did you hardwire it? I don't like the thought of the cigar lighter socket lead. How clear is the display if mounted low down?

Another similar unit I read up on said it displayed the cars speed!!!! I know the cars speed!! I've got a speedometer in the car, what I need to know is the speed limit of the road on which I am travelling. Don't these camera signs drive you nuts, ah. camera zone...must stick to the speed limit, look all around and continue to look for a mile for a blinkin' speed limit post. Drives me up the wall, the speed limit should be posted on every single sign depicting a camera and also on the actual camera pole. It's OK, I feel better now, must get back to my therapist.

Anyway, this Origin Blue i looks like the very best and assuming that I can tuck it smartly somewhere, I'm getting one. (No suggestions as where to tuck it PLEASE!)

Yes, I fitted my own - was very easy and I hard-wired the device - just chopped the end off the wire and wired it in the ground and switched 12V.

The GPS antenna can go near the front or rear window (the wire is plenty long enough). My GS300 has a foam dashboard, and the antennae even works UNDERNEATH the dash, but I mounted mine on top becuase it's very small.

It tells you the speed limit of the road you're on when you approach a camera. And it tells you the car's speed too.

There's no box of tricks - just a small box about the size of a fag packet that is the complete unit. It uses a backlit LCD display and is very easy to read.

HTH

The Geodessy Plus does not display the speed - but it only beeps the warning if you are actually exceeding the limit. It still flashes the warning, but no annoying beeping when you are sat in traffic with a speed camera near.

Also is time related rather than distance - so if you are travelling at higher speed - it gives you a mile warning, if lower speeds and marginally over limit, warning beeps closer.

All clever stuff.

Oh - this can come with the aeriel too so no box on show.

Rodders - yep, they are much of a muchness. Origin looks nicer, I went for Geo as it has been around longest, so I figured the database has been running longer and if more people have the older model - more people 'capturing' new cameras.

(They both give £50 to anyone 'capturing' a camera not on the database.)

Rod,

I have been considering one of these, but I have a question. When you connect the modem are you dialing a premier line?

i.e. what I am really asking is, what if any are the ongoing costs?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links