Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Miami

Mr-Lex

Thinking of going to Miami soon (May-July)! Any good and cheap travel agents/sites for recommendations? Just after flight and accomadations! The hotspots and places not to go, etc, etc...bearing in mind 6+ lads going :whistling:

obvious place is south beach - but its dead during the week and only really comes alive at weekends - it is expensive there also $7 - 8 for a bottle of beer! beach is nice

plenty of hotels to stay at - avoid the best western hotels there - south beach and the beach resort at north beach are run down.

the taxi prices are fixed between the airport and south beach/ bal harbour area - the taxi has to display this on a sticker on the passenger windows - BUT there are shuttle bus services between hotels and the airport which are a bit cheaper

avoid downtown miami unless u really have to go there , stick to the malls a lot safer.

haulover(sp?) beach is a nudist beach (south beach has better quality BTW :winky:)

Hi Sanj,

Im going to florida later in the year and got a very good deal from

Travel city direct 08709 505176 www.travelcitydirect.com

Probably better to check the site first then phone and work out a deal.

I have been with them before they were very good

thats why i am going with them again

Hope this helps

john

i would recommend

day trip to the keys

day trip to the everglades

helicopter ride

boat trip

deep sea fishing

i would personally do a two centre trip with half the time in orlando and half in miami, possibly more time in orlando as it has a far greater variety of everything, i found miami a bit boring to be honest

as rob says avoid downtown like the plague

get transfers to the accomodation and pick up hire car there, otherwise you will get lost and end up in the worst area for getting lost in, :crying:

miami..........the only maccy d`s ive been in where no english was spoken or written :crybaby:

we went in june ....and the weather was overcast for the most and rained most days

check for when they expect the hurricanes and suchlike

for deep sea fishing there is a company at haulover marina - for got he name but its the only one there - its $50 for the day about 8 hrs and well worth it, a lot of locals use it , when we went i caught loads of fish and people were catching all day but dont forget your sea sick tabs or the sun block.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links