Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wheels!

RED-EYE

who told you ?

they will go on but the rears would more than likely need to have the arches rolled, the fronts should be fine

but........it is all dependant on the wheel width, and offset

the wheel is a 9j wheel and not sure about the off set!

as quoted by mat in the wheel and tyre sticky

OFFSETS

FRONT

width | offset | tires range (width)

7 = 40 and up 215-225

7.5 = 42 and up 215-235

8 = 43 and up 215-235

8.5 = 45 and up 215-225

REAR

7 = 40 and up 215-225

7.5 = 40 and up 215-235

8 = 42 and up 215-245

8.5 = 45 and up 225-265 (255-265 requires rolling or having lip)

9 = 49 and up 235-275 (MAY require rolling or shaving lip)

9.5 = 52 and up 245-285 (MAY require rolling or shaving lip, 285 may require more modification)

10 = 45 and up 255-315(requires pulling fender)

who told you ?

they will go on but the rears would more than likely need to have the arches rolled, the fronts should be fine

OFFSETS

your a star mate thanks!!!!

FRONT

7 = 40 and up 215-225

7.5 = 42 and up 215-235

8 = 43 and up 215-235

8.5 = 45 and up 215-225

REAR

7 = 40 and up 215-225

7.5 = 40 and up 215-235

8 = 42 and up 215-245

9.5 = 52 and up 245-285 (MAY require rolling or shaving lip, 285 may require more modification)

who told you ?

OFFSETS

your a star mate thanks!!!!

FRONT

7 = 40 and up 215-225

7.5 = 42 and up 215-235

8 = 43 and up 215-235

8.5 = 45 and up 215-225

REAR

7 = 40 and up 215-225

7.5 = 40 and up 215-235

8 = 42 and up 215-245

amazing what a little looking around will reveal :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...
A lady Lexus Owner! What a refreshing surprise on here. Welcome

thank you galla, yes i am deeply in love with my lexus sport. need to get my corroded wheels changed very soon, they have been bad for some time. :angry:

thank you red eye for acknowledging me, you are the first one to do so!  sorry though, i cannot help you about the wheel enquiry, although you seem to have had some good replies.  :winky:

Well h e l l o.... :D

thank you red eye for acknowledging me, you are the first one to do so!  sorry though, i cannot help you about the wheel enquiry, although you seem to have had some good replies.  :winky:

Well h e l l o.... :D

hi there, yes hope my wheels will be changed under warranty, they started corroding some long time ago, but to be honest, it was only when i discovered this site that i realised i could claim under warranty, hopefully :crying: I wanted my front windows slightly tinted when i bought the car, and they were done twice as dark as the back (already tinted glass), because the guy apparently only had lighter and darker tints, not anything suitable, and used the darker one. The lexus manager has not been helpful in sorting it, so i will definitely sort him out about the wheels! :duh:

A lady Lexus Owner! What a refreshing surprise on here. Welcome

thank you galla, yes i am deeply in love with my lexus sport. need to get my corroded wheels changed very soon, they have been bad for some time. :angry:

What is it with these Lexus wheels... two of mine are really s**t with the laquer blistering off and ally crumbling beneath!?!?!? :angry:

Oh and hi Lexlady :winky:

Tony.

hi there,  yes hope my wheels will be changed under warranty, they started corroding some long time ago, but to be honest, it was only when i discovered this site that i realised i could claim under warranty, hopefully :crying:  I wanted my front windows slightly tinted when i bought the car, and they were done twice as dark as the back (already tinted glass), because the guy apparently only had lighter and darker tints, not anything suitable, and used the darker one.  The lexus manager has not been helpful in sorting it, so i will definitely sort him out about the wheels!    :duh:

Hi, I had a word with them about some crap work that was done on my car when I got it after 10 months and finally they gave in and sorted it all out at no charge to me - persistence sometimes pays off!!

My front tints are actually slightly darker then the rears, think I read somewhere the rears on a sport are around the 35% mark, my fronts are at the 50% mark - the extra light through the front window balances it all out - they did a very good job and you can't tell that the fronts aren't standard :)

That was a place in Nottingham who are always recommended on here.

Good luck sorting everything out :)

What is it with these Lexus wheels... two of mine are really s**t with the laquer blistering off and ally crumbling beneath!?!?!? :angry:

Yes they're crap, it was said on here they were designed for Japan and don't like the elements over here, the salt is an absolute killer :o

The refurbs are much better, if the car is under warranty they'll be swapped for free and are much better, they look better and clean easier too - they still don't last forever but then nothing does at the end of the day!

Yes they're crap, it was said on here they were designed for Japan and don't like the elements over here, the salt is an absolute killer :o

The refurbs are much better, if the car is under warranty they'll be swapped for free and are much better, they look better and clean easier too - they still don't last forever but then nothing does at the end of the day!

Unfortunatly the cars over 7 years old so won't be covered by warranty :crying:

They are the only thing bad looking about my car, so a new set of wheels are top of the list... closely followed by a new set of zorsts :winky:

So are the darker tints still legal - if not I would be having a right rant ...  :ph34r:

proably not legal, i am told it looks like the mafia coming to town when i arrive. you cannot even see t he driver from outside at all. asked for slight tint on front windows when i ordered, when I collected (new) car when it was a seriously sunny day, july, and did not look so bad. when it was serviced asked again for removal, not done, phoned manager, he said there was nothing on my notes saying i wanted a lighter tint.... surely we all know that front windows are always tinted lighter than rear, not ten times darker. he said he had no one now who could remove it. I will sort him out now, about wheels as well. sorry about that - this is wheels discussion, not windows :blush: