Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

40 Offset?

LEX200sport

Im about to order my 18's and would just like to clarify whether this combination will be ok. Ive looked at the wheel guide and it states 42 offset. The wheels im about to order are 8 x 18, 225/40/18, 5x114, but the offset they stated was 40.

Would these be ok with a 40 offset. I have standard sport suspension (2002 so 15mm lower). Im not going to lower the car at all and dont want it to rub at all.

Thanks. :winky:

are you sure? the fronts rubbed a lot and i'm only lowerd on springs

positive

i had them on mine when lowered on coilovers and they were fine, only on a very few extreme occasions did they actuially rub the wheel liner at the top of the front

and i think you will find the monster runs with 40mm as well :D

the arches are fine,

if anything then its only the plastic wheel arch liners that rub, i made some adjustments to mine so its fine now.

Thanks for replies. What adjustments did you have to make to the liners mate? do you know when it rubbed exactly, on full lock or conering etc??

Cheers.

just when turning the wheel not quite on full lock, all i did was heat up the plastic slightly and push it in with the handle of a screwdriver. It still rubs on the passenger side slightly but right now I cant be bothered to jack it up, take the wheel off etc. i'll sort it out another time.

who knows though, on standard height as barrie says you might be ok.

just when turning the wheel not quite on full lock, all i did was heat up the plastic slightly and push it in with the handle of a screwdriver. It still rubs on the passenger side slightly but right now I cant be bothered to jack it up, take the wheel off etc. i'll sort it out another time.

So its not actually rubbing while driving/cornering then? Like you say I might be ok anyway as its standard height.

What about spacers? Would only need to be 2 or 3 mil.

Going to order them this week then and if it does rub, then i'll sort it afterwards.

Cheers.

it's what the topic is about Am, 40. Yea running 19's witha drop is fine, like you say it's all in the offset.

It's close but if you're dropped at all i'm very sure it will rub on the front when turning. (Bazza says not so maybe my arch liner isn't secured properly or something, although it doesnt just catch it there's a fairyl large section that had to be pushed in. I'll take a better look when we have some nice weather)

It doesnt rub when driving in straight lines or even most corners (hasn't ever rubbed going over bumps to my knowledge), it only really seem s to rub when doing full lock turns or when you first drive the car for the day.

So its not actually rubbing while driving/cornering then? Like you say I might be ok anyway as its standard height.

What about spacers? Would only need to be 2 or 3 mil.

Going to order them this week then and if it does rub, then i'll sort it afterwards.

Cheers.

no no

spacers will have the opposite effect

ie a 40mm offset with a 5mm spacer = a 35mm offset