Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Tv Recommendations

Steve

Coming into a bit of money from a property investment.. so I had in mind a new TV as I love watching dvd's and stuff.

But I can only budget £800 - £900 for the TV as I have other things I need to do like visit China this year and some other groovey stuff.

I was looking at the following but I am gonna ask any of you guys if you have any recomendations.

1. Philips 32" widescreen Pixel Plus 2

2. Sony Wega 100Mhz 32" widescreen.

I have only looked at these 2 so far.. wega looks better than the philips, but the picture quality on the philips pixel plus 2 is well nice.

If I had an extra grand i would go for 42" flat screen... but i dont at the mo.. so 32" it is.

any opinions guys?

trouble is there are so many variations... i am lost with it all.

I managed to view the pixel plus against the sony and the philips pixel plus was really good for colours... bit more expensive.. but worth the pennies... willing to look at others if I can get something pretty decent.

apparently they have won many awards for best picture quality

I like panasonic... and I do like the look of the quintrix

will take a look down at my local currys to check out the picture.. then buy online for £300 less ;)

Steve, i was looking around for a tv recently (only a small lcd for bedroom) but while looking came accross 42" plasmas for around £1300, a bit more than you want to spend i know but searching hard or waiting a bit may be worthwhile :unsure: just a thought mate ;) but if its between them two go for the wega

go with the panasonic or the philips. sony are about the same as the other 2 but much dearer.

SHAHZ - with Plasma's i'd stick with the big brands- pioneer, panasonic philips.

LG, Samsung, phillips....cant remenber what else i saw, wouldnt recomend crap like bush :lol: ;)

in a recent which test Loewe TVs came out tops in 32" screens. However the Sony came out as a good alternative as picture and sound quality v good. Lowes are over £1000 but you can shop on the net and get it at a good price. I recently bought an lcd from RGB Direct and could not complain as I saved over £500 on the price in currys, which got me a multiregion home cinema system.

If you're after size and budget is an issue have you considered a projector?

Some of the new ones are very small and versatile and have a great picture.

They do have limitations in very bright light but for DVD watching they're amazing.You can pick up a nice sanyo or epson on the net for £600 ish and either get a pull down screen or paint your wall with special paint. :winky:

steve might be getting hold of some 42" plasma tv's (samsung this month or next) be a lot cheaper than in shops as they are £2k+

more like £600-750 ish not sure yet,havent had final price.

when list comes through and i know wot i can get i'll be gettin quite a few things including recordable dvd players etc (all samsung)

although dnt get guarantee like you would from say curry's all come with manufacturers warranty.

i'll post when i get them

Pretty much all in our house is sony........our main tv is hand down from the inlaws about 10 years old but still has a really good picture on itand very good sound too boot.

Also have a 17" LCD by sony whic is superb and great for watching dvd's on as it is virtually no latency on it at all, Go with the sony!!

Nick

trouble is... Sony have a good name.. but the picture difference between the philips and sony was alot.

I dont want to chose a brand becasue it has a good name through clever marketing.

Everything breaks at some point.. its meant to break otherwise we would all be keeping our equipment that never breaks.

The reason I looked at the sony was the picture was good.. not as good as the philips.. but the sony would look better in my lounge.

i am looking for something that looks good cosmetically and mechanically

would be good if the sony had the philips picture.