Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Advice Needed For New Member

k9PVC

Hi

Just thought I would say hello to you all I joined your club about a week ago and have spent most of the time since then just reading the old posts.

I must say you all seem a very knowledgeable and very friendly bunch and from what I have read so far I think I have made the right choice to buy a Lexus.

Unfortunately funds don’t allow me to buy a brand new one so it will have to be a second hand Is 200 please feel free to offer any advice on my impending purchase you may think will be of help to me

At the moment I drive an Audi A4 1.9 TDI which has been a great car and very economical getting about 50 to the gallon out of her :D

Which brings me to my first real question what mpg can I expect from an Is 200 as I know what it says on paper can be very different to what you get in real life everyday driving.

Secondly Is there any advantage in having a Sport rather than the SE as my insurance wants an extra £67 premium for the SE and £120 extra for the sport not only that but the excess goes up from £100 on the SE to £150 for the sport so is it worth the extra expense now I know that’s not a lot of difference but I don’t think there is much of a difference between the cars (but hey what do i know) so your views would be very welcome

Ok well that’s all for now I look forward to reading your replies :driving:

welcome to the mate :D you will get lot less mpg from the lex :duh: sport or se :question: not that much in it :o but if you are into mods then things like changing the spring, or tinting the windows then go for se, somewhere on here is a list of all the things that sport has that se does not have :ph34r: someone else will come along soon to tell you more am sure :D

Funny that you're insurance goes up on the sport, when I was in the same position as you and looking to buy an IS200, my insurance was quoted less on the sport. I figure the limited slipp diff may make the car safer - who knows??? :duh:

As for MPG, :crybaby: are you sure you want know??

I get about 29 mpg.

But I love the car!! :P

All i'd say and probably anybody else who has advice for you, watch the wheels. Suckers for corroding!!

Welcome to LOC :D

Which brings me to my first real question what mpg can I expect from an Is 200 as I know what it says on paper can be very different to what you get in real life everyday driving.

Secondly Is there any advantage in having a Sport rather than the SE as my insurance wants an extra £67 premium for the SE and £120 extra for the sport not only that but the excess goes up from £100 on the SE to £150 for the sport so is it worth the extra expense now I know that’s not a lot of difference but I don’t think there is much of a difference between the cars (but hey what do i know) so your views would be very welcome

Hiya.

I used to get between 28-35 for my IS200SE. That was a mixture of town and motorway driving. I always ran the A/C too.

When I was looking for my first Lexus I too was undecided about whether to get a Sport or SE. I didn't feel the extra insurance premium was worth it for shiney pedals, a two tone streering wheel and rear tints. ;)

From what i can remember the only obvious differences between the two models are the following:

1) Rear Privacy Glass, (Rear windows tinted)

2) Rear Spoiler

3) Pedals slightly different in design

Im not sure there is a difference in the steering wheel as earlier stated thou, but i might be wrong?? :huh:

As for mpg i normally average about 30 (IS200 Sport)

Cant see why your insurance company would punish you by opting for the Sport model instead of the SE ... Try one of these if your insurance is up for renewal

Endsleigh Insurance,

More Th>n,

Elephant

Happy motoring :driving:

From what i can remember the only obvious differences between the two models are the following:

1) Rear Privacy Glass, (Rear windows tinted)

2) Rear Spoiler

3) Pedals slightly different in design

Im not sure there is a difference in the steering wheel as earlier stated thou, but i might be wrong??  :huh:

As for mpg i normally average about 30 (IS200 Sport)

Cant see why your insurance company would punish you by opting for the Sport model instead of the SE ... Try one of these if your insurance is up for renewal

Endsleigh Insurance,

More Th>n,

Elephant

Happy motoring  :driving:

sport has LSD / and is lower 10/15mm :D

welcome to the club. if it was me i wiuld go for the sport i think they look much better but that is just my opinion. i recently purchased a IS 200 and went for the SE but looking back i wish id have gone for the sport. as for MPG i get about 27. the main thing to watch out for are the alloys, which im sure you have already been told. mine were refurbed 3 months ago and are already starting to corrode :angry: good look with your purchase.