Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headroom In Is200 Se & Sport

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, and I have read all the other posts regarding my situation.

I'm looking to buy a IS200, my first choice would be a Sport, then a SE. Test drove a SE from my local Lexus dealer for an hour and it was perfect apart from the headroom space. My hair touches the sunroof surround, I'm 6'2" and before anyone says I do not have a punk hair style. At the dealership I tried a number of cars, and the only car I did not have a problem in was the standard model (but I don't want the standard model).

I showed the dealer some print-out's of posts on this forum about adjusting the seat with washers. He called Lexus main tech department, they said it would not be a good idea to do this quoting safety issues.

If I purchased a car and did the adjustment myself would it solve my problem?

Has anyone who has made this adjustment created any safety problems?

I would like to try a IS200 with this adjustment on the seat before I purchase a car, is there anyone in the Essex area who has done this to their car?

Anyone selling a SE or Sport without a sunroof, Irish model maybe?

I really want to buy a IS200 but need to sort this problem out, any help you can give (advise, ideas, experiences) would be most appreciated.

Thanks for any help

Gav

hi mate. welcome to the LOC. I am 6'2" myself and never had headroom problems, though i must admit that its not the most comfortable car in the world. move the seat all the way back and as low as you can get it. should be ok then.

Maybe I'm taller from the waist up. I could get a couple of ribs removed, but there must be an easyer way.

hi mate. welcome to the LOC. I am 6'2" myself and never had headroom problems, though i must admit that its not the most comfortable car in the world. move the seat all the way back and as low as you can get it. should be ok then.

Maybe I'm taller from the waist up. I could get a couple of ribs removed, but there must be an easyer way.

Prince had a few of his ribs removed and he seems to be getting on fine.

im 6 foot 3 " and pretty well proportioned I would say ( its starting to sound like a lonely hearts add !!!! ). :blush:

i dont have any problem with the headroom at all, make sure the drivers seat is all the way down and tilted flat at thr front it helps a lot

im 6 foot 3 " and pretty well proportioned I would say ( its starting to sound like a lonely hearts add !!!! ).  :blush:

i dont have any problem with the headroom at all, make sure the drivers seat is all the way down and tilted flat at thr front it helps a lot

The sale rep at the dealership has adjusted the seat and I've tried adjusting the seat. My head clears the sunroof surround by about an inch but my hair just touches. A skinhead hair cut would not suit me, I just need to get the seat an inch lower.

The drivers seat in a IS200 does not seem to go as low as other cars I have test driven (like a BMW 3 series, Audi A4, Accord Type-S).

The drive in the IS200 was the most fun I had out of all those cars.

I would think if you are adding / removing washers then it would be a safety issue and in the event of an accident the Insurance if they found out may say it was a contributing factor.

I am 6 foot and have exactly the same problem as you ( long body ), hair but not head touches the roof at the side of the sunroof.

To be honest I have lived with it for nearly two years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links