Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service History?

k9PVC

Hi guys

Just got back from viewing a IS 200 at a Lexus dealership now the car was 91 and in as new condition with only 28000 miles on the clock but when I had a look at the service book it had two stamps one for the 10000 mile service and one for the 20000 mile service and he said they would do the 30000 mile one before they sold it which was fine

But now whilst the mileage was to within a thousand miles of where it should be the time between the first and second services is about 16 months now when I asked the salesman about this he said it was fine and that you can chose to have it done either every 12 months or every 10000 miles I thought you had to have it done every 12 months or 10000 miles whichever came first or am I wrong

As the general impression I get from this site is that the service history is very very important when you come to sell the car on so I don’t want to get it wrong right from the start :crybaby:

dont worry about it.

yeah - it should be every 12 months, or 10k - whichever comes first.

but - going an extra 4 months without a serviec is not the end of the world, especially not on acar with such small mileage.

If you get it @ 28k on the clock, with full lexus service histrory (albeit with 1 service a bit late), and a promise that the 30k service will be done for you when you buy it - then you'll be well on the right track to keeping the car serviced properly.

As long as the car has been serviced regularly you will be ok, i generally service mine every 6k...

But you will be surprised how FEW people actually sit down and check the service history when buying a car.... so it isn`t as important as you might think..

i always like to look after a car, but, if the car your looking at has been serviced regularly it will be fine..

But back to your question... it IS whichever comes first like you first thought...

Scott

i take it you mean the car is an 01 not a 91 as you stated.

you are correct its once a year or 10000 miles and you dont get a choice. you can go a month either way but anything over and it may affect the warranty if anything was too fail.

i would get the lexus dealer to provide you with a letter covering this discrepancy and their assurance that it wont affect the warranty then youll be covered if it goes pear shaped later.

apart from that no probs

But you will be surprised how FEW people actually sit down and check the service history when buying a car.... so it isn`t as important as you might think..

as you sell cars Scott - I'll bow to your greater experience :D

but - having bought my GS a while back, and been helping my father buy his LS - the service history was very important (especially on the LS which was older).

But - we were not anally checking that every service was done, exactly on time.

We wanted to see that servicing was being done, regularly. As long as we could see the servicebook, and stamps at regular sort of intervals - then it was OK.

Cars that did not have a service history were not so highly regarded - and in fact we did not go to see cars unless the ad said a decent service histroy was present.

Ok guys

Thanks for the swift replys that has put my mind at rest the dealer did say it was ok but i feel a lot better now that you have all said the same thing :D

So thats one for the short list Got two more to view over the weekend so hopefully i shall soon be a lexus OWNER :driving:

Even if it will mean much bigger fuel bills :duh:

Ok guys

Thanks for the swift replys that has put my mind at rest the dealer did say it was ok but i feel a lot better now that you have all said the same thing :D

So thats one for the short list Got two more to view over the weekend so hopefully i shall soon be a lexus OWNER  :driving:

Even if it will mean much bigger fuel bills  :duh:

That all pails into Significance, it will bring a whole new meaning to the word - Drive!!

:driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links