Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Question

dazzab69

Chaps

I was involved in a bump with the RX yesterday, not much damage (destroyed the offending Metro though) but it will probably require a new bumper.

I'm with those folks with the red telephone for Insurance and last time they repaired my IS, I was left with a Clio for two weeks while their dodgy backstreet garage sourced a rear bumper for a perfectly serviceable car. Therefore I want to get my car fixed through my Lexus dealer and have something much more driveable for the one to two days it will take to fix.

The other party has admitted liability, so how does one go about making a claim from a third party's insurance company ?

D

The other party has admitted liability, so how does one go about making a claim from a third party's insurance company ?

D

I was in this position a few years back.

The way it works, is that you have to go through your insurance.

You make a claim against your insurance, who pay for your repairs etc.

Your insurance deals with the third party insurance company to recover all costs involved in the claim.

It is this full recovery of the costs that makes it a non fault claim.

Once all costs have been recovered, you get your no claims returned.

This way - when you are asked over the next few years ifyou have been in an accident, you can legitimately answer that you were, and that it was a non fault claim and a full recovery was made - and it shouldn't effect your premiums.

Problem solved chaps, DL are happy for me to use who I like and Lexus Ipswich will arrange my courtesy car and charge the third party's insurance.

I wonder if they have LSs or SCs available :whistling: .

I don't see my 3rd party being a problem, she's a little old lady (with a very bent metro) who gave me genuine details (I checked).

Problem solved chaps, DL are happy for me to use who I like and Lexus Ipswich will arrange my courtesy car and charge the third party's insurance.

I wonder if they have LSs or SCs available  :whistling: .

I don't see my 3rd party being a problem, she's a little old lady (with a very bent metro) who gave me genuine details (I checked).

There's every chance it wonh't be fixed by lexus ipswich though. Their accident repair places is another garage altogether who aren't lexus. The name escapes me at the mo, although you will get another lex as a courtesy car (although I got a merec for some reason last time!)

However, if you were with lexus insurrance, you'd automaticalkly get a lex as a courtesy car!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links