Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Coolant Is Leaking

ifraz

If it is the same problem mine had then it is the top hose that goes from the rad to the header tank. In my case Lexus Br****** snapped the spout off that goes into the bottom of the header tank then wanted 200 quid to replace it - ****ERS.

I just went to a DIY shop and got a 10mm pipe connector, placed that in the hole and sealed it. Hasn't leaked since

same thing said about mine last week, I dont remember how much the guy said it would be too fix but i did think it was a LOT of money for a small pipe.

When the weather is a bit better im going too sort this myself as im sure it will be a reasonably easy fix and save a fair amount of money too, The service tech did say i shouldnt worry too much about it either!!

Nick

I think it will probably be the small tube leading into the water pump - mine seemed to need replacing at every service - all warranty stuff so just had it done each time - if you look there will be a reddish crusty stain round pipe on top of pump to left of cam-belt cover if it is the same pipe ...

indeed it is a pipe that runs from the front to the rear of the engine, on the LHS as you look at the engine, it runs underneath the exhaust manifold.

That is of course if its that perticular bypass pipe, there are several

I was informed by Nottingham Lexus today that my coolant is leaking. :ohmy:

What is a Coolant bypass hose, where does it fit and how diificult is it to replace?

Hi there mate just had a look on mine if it is the metal pipe leading from the water pump then it looks easy to fit. Worth doing it your self to save on the old £££ .Im sure you work near me see you going past doitall most mornings. Mines the silver 200 sport nice motor mate like your style B)

What is a Coolant bypass hose, where does it fit and how diificult is it to replace?

Hi there mate just had a look on mine if it is the metal pipe leading from the water pump then it looks easy to fit. Worth doing it your self to save on the old £££ .Im sure you work near me see you going past doitall most mornings. Mines the silver 200 sport nice motor mate like your style B)

Oh yes, I do see you most mornings, you're the one with your fog lights on..... :whistling:

Wow, someone recognised me. I'll give you a wave next time. :lol:

It's not metal mate, it's the rubber pipe. I've had a look today and I think I know whch one it is. I'll replace it myself and save a fortune. :P

Oh yes, I do see you most mornings, you're the one with your fog lights on..... :whistling:

Wow, someone recognised me. I'll give you a wave next time. :lol:

It's not metal mate, it's the rubber pipe. I've had a look today and I think I know whch one it is. I'll replace it myself and save a fortune. :P

Thats me mate which rubber pipe is it ? ill refer to mine next time bonnets up :driving: