Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Installation

marcus

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assuming everything is running fine at idle.

we need to know when.the cut out happens, im thinking as soon as the MAP sensor is feeling + pressure

can you let us know

-/+ boost

a/f

fuel pressure

RPM

mph

do you not have a laptop you can interface with the piggyback

Yes check all conections again and again.

We also had such thing, but no cut thanks ***.

We were 100% sure to have connected everything right..... but after some time we saw that we didn't. :yawn:

Cables are wired. ;)

assuming everything is running fine at idle.

we need to know when.the cut out happens, im thinking as soon as the MAP sensor is feeling + pressure

can you let us know

-/+ boost

a/f

fuel pressure

RPM

mph

do you not have a laptop you can interface with the piggyback

Is what i will do is get my mates laptop, when i do i will take the car out and do one more run but this time i will get the Profec to log it all and then i will down load it to my PC

ECU was fitted about 3 months ago, and its been 100% from then till now, so me thinking its not that, and yes all is ok when im just sitting there, i can use you car as long as i dont put my foot down ;)

ecu was fitted and fully functioning before turbo?, so might be something to do with the +ve pressure now. log everything then people should be able to help u further - i cant help u with specifics just in a general way

That said, we're rather excited over here (Singapore) because a NA RS200 has just managed 278bhp on the dyno! We're trying to find out who this mysterious guy is (we still don't know yet because we found out through a mechanic at the dyno place) and get the deal on what he's done! I'll cross-post over here when we know more :)

Was that this one?

http://s4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclu...0entry8790073

Marcus, good luck getting your car sorted btw :)

Maybe it notices a fuel cut....  :unsure:

;) if it did!! it would not make the car come to a stand still...........or would it :whistling:

Well a fuel cut ordinary feels like crashing into a concrete wall, and then it accelerates again, and cuts and accelerates..... and so on. :yawn:

But not to nearly kill the engine. :tsktsk:

:D :D :D :D Me turbo is now fitted............all work has been done by me :whistling: and im over the moon right now..................has some one said it could not be done what i have just done :hehe:

any way here are some pic,s of it :D

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...&cmd=si&img=864

as you well know i have no cats now on the car, but she is smoking alot :ohmy: would haveing no cats make it smoke like this ;) or could it be down to me puteing to much oil in the car...........i would like to think it is :yawn: please let me know what you think :whistling: :winky:

looks nice mate have you took the pre cats and the middle cats

if you have to much oil it will smoke like a trooper

is it all runing now ? what boost is it doing ? or do you still have the fueling prob

yes Daza its all up and runing now :D Boost is only set at .4 fueling seem's to be ok right now,

:question: when i start her up the boost is at -0.52 to -0.55 and when it gets to 0 thats when the boost starts is that right :yawn: and then i should see it start to go from 0 to 0.40 when i put my foot down...... or will it go from 0 then 1, 2, 3, 4,.................im asking this as when i put my foot down today it went from 0 to 7 i need to know if this is 0.07 or it is 0.70 as if it is the 0.70 then im makeing to much boost :crying:

and i have to say this is my 1st ever turbo i have had..........and i love it :D

very nice  :winky: well done marcus  :) i dont think cats stop it smoking mate, it might be just burning some oil left on the turbo ? is it just at idle ? or does it get worse when you rev it ?

it only smokes when i take my foot of the gas.............so me thinking i have put to much oil in her ;) O well just have to take some out and see what its like :whistling:

i think you can feel proud of yourself mate

cant say i was to confident on this being carried out, but you have prooved me wrong

congratulations

now best drain that excess oil out, it can do more damage than not having enough :crying:

cant say i was to confident on this being carried out, but you have prooved me wrong

congratulations

now best drain that excess oil out, it can do more damage than not having enough  :crying:

Thanks Bazza mate :winky:

on the oil side............how much should the IS take ;) is it about 4 litres or is it more :duh:

congratulations

now best drain that excess oil out, it can do more damage than not having enough  :crying:

Thanks Bazza mate :winky:

on the oil side............how much should the IS take ;) is it about 4 litres or is it more :duh:

dipstick !!

very hard to know how much is in there to start with