Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Installation

marcus

i find it hard to belive 2 much oil is going to the Turbo.....unless it had its own oil pump... :D

where is your feed coming from for the Turbo?

is the drain not kinked, or running at very shallow angles

the feed for the turbo is comeing of the oil cooler return just before it gos into filter........but by doing this i think there is more pressure from this point then there is from the oil sensor by the filter ;) could this be so! or should the pressure be the same :blink:

im going to replace the drain hose...........as when i looked at it today i did see it is running a bit shallow and it has a twisted kinked at the top of the hose that i did not see before :geek::whistling: so i will replace this........and then i will see how it runs :winky: :blush:

I think i need to start opening my eyes.........or get some :geek: :D :winky:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE!!

:D

all work has now been done on the oil leak and its all running ok now :P Big thank you to the guys that postted on with tip to what it could have been :winky:

well with me not knowing much about turbo's..........i had put a feed to the turbo that was 3/16" and drain to the sump that was 1/2" well the drain hose size is ok but it had a kink. and it was abit shallow in one place............so i replaced that today with a nice new bit of ss hose and did not get it made as long as the last one........so by doing so i have no shallow bits in it now :blush: :D

I all so replaced the feed hose as well with a 1/4"................and all is ok now the car is running very nice i have to say :D

be back later........im of to play :whistling: :D

be back later........im of to play :whistling:  :D

Someone's happy :D

Glad to hear this Marcus, does that mean you will now be coming along to this weeks meet @ Grasshopper Inn ? B)

no sorry mate can not make this weekend comeing :tomato:

as the wife has "told" me we are going to see our son, (so i have be told) :blush::lol: got keep the wife happy...........as i have the turbo now! :whistling: :winky:

feeling very bloomin happy for you mate.......

Dr Mat

dr. mat u beta not become an augony aunt

im sure u will aide to several divorces over helping people spend more time with car than wife

lol

nice one marcus

Wife or no wife i was haveing this Turbo :lol::lol: :winky:

Dr Mat

im sure u will aide to several divorces over helping people spend more time with car than wife

lol

nice one marcus

bet you havent said that in front of her :winky:

well done mate

hope to see it soon :D

Dr Mat

lol

nice one marcus

bet you havent said that in front of her :winky:

well done mate

hope to see it soon :D

no bazza i have not mate as i dont fill like dieing just yet :lol: :P

• 2 weeks later...
Any news mate??  :blush:

the only news i have mike...........

I got a new turbo T3/T4 Hiybrid..........

But when i boost............it gets to .25 and the fuel cuts of........so i will have to do the fueling very soon.........as when it cut of its like hiting a wall :crying: so i have it set at .2

but apart from that the car is running very nice and sounds so good as well......... :D

But when i boost............it gets to .25 and the fuel cuts of........so i will have to do the fueling very soon.........as when it cut of its like hiting a wall :crying: so i have it set at .2

but apart from that the car is running very nice and sounds so good as well......... :D

The fuel cut doesn't depend on the fuel system mate.

It depends on the ECU. ;)

Doesn't the E-manage a fuel cut defender function?? :blink:

A fuel cut defender stops raising the voltage until the ECU would do a FC. :shifty:

The fuel cut doesn't depend on the fuel system mate.

It depends on the ECU. ;)

Doesn't the E-manage a fuel cut defender function?? :blink:

A fuel cut defender stops raising the voltage until the ECU would do a FC. :shifty:

so whats the voltage the ECU cuts the fuel of at............... :whistling:

I dont know if the E-manager has a fuel cut function..........i will take a look over the weekend :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links